Am I In A Beach Episode...With Kal???

"Look at all the fillies with sun-kissed tiddies-"

I smack Dick upside the head as I pass him with my umbrella, beach ball, picnic kit, duffle bag and beach towel in hand.

"You know," I started to say spitefully, "It is usually The Man who carries all this stuff?"

I then unceremoniously drop everything on the golden sand when we reached a desirable location.

"Excuuuuuse me," Dick turned around and defended himself with all the sass on planet earth. "But I thought women of today rejected gender norms? Why are you trying to impose stereotypical societal norms onto me then?"

"Oh dear God, shut up!" I cry as I pull down his baseball hat over his face as I walk past him.

"Plus you're the one with super strength so it only makes sense for you to do the grunt work and heavy lifting," he remarks snidely.

"You fucking-" I whip around to either attack him with my words or my fists when we get interrupted by-

"Am I late?" Kaldur asks as he also stealthily comes out of the water to stand right next to us.

"No, you're not! You are right on time!! We just got here!!!"

Why am I yelling? I thought, listening to myself.

"Why are you yelling?" Dick rudely asks next.

"Be...cause, the ocean is loud!" I tried to scramble for an excuse.

Both men turn around to look at the pin-straight calm ocean. Kal looks back at me with a warm smile and decides not to comment but Dick wouldn't be so gracious.

"The water is dead silent."

I roll my eyes at him and turn my head to the side upon hearing some noise in the distance.

"The others are here!" I squeal in delight, more so from the joy of having a distraction than from them actually being here.

"I see no one." Kaldur comments.

"Super hearing." Dick quickly replies to answer his confusion.

"Aahh," he lightly facepalms himself. "I tend to forget so many of your wonderful abilities Kara."

"What's there to forget!? She has the same set of powers as Superboy!? But better!!" Dick interjects.

"I will fucking yeet you into the ocean," I threaten him while grabbing onto his collar.

"I HEARD THAT!!!" Connor then hell's from a freaking distance at the other side of the beach.

After my date with Jimmy, and the revelations that came with it, I decided to take things slow and have my date with Kaldur be more chilled, laid-back, and a fun group event.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit desperate to have things go well. For whatever reason, I had this creeping sensation that if I did not get into a relationship soon I wouldn't be worth anything or much in the public eye.

A ridiculous and quite frankly ludicrous feeling, I know, but I can't just help feel the way I feel.

The people present today were Connor, Zatanna, Wally, and Jimmy.

Having Jimmy over on my "second date" experiment with someone else may seem odd but we've already made peace with the fact that we would only ever be just friends. And he supported me in my endeavor to find a new man.

Artemis, on the other hand, wouldn't be able to make it because she had a family thing to deal with involving her mom, niece, and brother-in-law. She assures Wally he didn't need to be there because it was an intimate family event and she trusts him to hang around in my presence.