Movie Night And Platonic Kisses

Hearing the front door click shut behind Dick's ankles as he kicks it shuts sends my entire system into overdrive.

Oh my god, oh my God, oh my God! My mind began to scream. But before I could let the infinite insanity that was the maze of my mind and emotions take over, I violently pulled myself out of the never-ending spiral and focused on the now and the present.

"CLARK!" I screamed to keep myself grounded and aware.

"Note." Dick simply pointed.

I look at him and see he's pointing to the counter all the way in the kitchen. A small white note rested on the marble counter with a small breakfast waffle sticker holding it to the surface.

I look back at Dick with awe and wonder.

"How did you-!?" I began.

"Detective." He simply responds with a smug smile and a cocky point at himself.

"I have x-ray vision!" I counter.

"And I was raised by Batman." Dick retorts with a wave of his arm as he walks backwards away from me into the living room, gesturing that he's won the argument.

"That can't be your response to everything! 5 seconds ago I barely knew your last name! If Greyson even IS your current last name!!"

Dick chuckles at my paranoia.

"It is, I swear. I'm not currently keeping any more secrets from you." He dumps his backpack on the floor beside the couch and dumps himself onto the couch as I fetch Clark's note from the kitchen.

"Really! You're not?? You promise!?" I flock to Dick's side with unrestrained hope in my eyes.

He opens his mouth to give me a quick response but then pauses for a minute.

Several emotions dart across his face, even too fast for my hyper senses to pick up on and read.

After a moment of silence, Dick solemnly looks me back dead in the face and says-

"One."

"Huh?" I say confused as I plop down on the couch next to him.

"I'm only keeping one more secret from you."

My heart drops.

I lean away from him on the couch and ponder his revelation for a moment of my own.

I could feel the sliver of annoyance snake through me at his words, but also a cold wave of relief at having finally being trusted with the cold harsh truth for once and not being treated as some sort of baby or infant.

"Okay..." I begin to say, leaning back towards him and sitting up straight on the couch.

Dick's always calculating blue eyes never left my face, gauging my ever movement and ready to react accordingly at a moment's notice.

Thank you..." I begin to say.

I see a small smile begin to form on his face.

Then I punch him in the shoulder.

Hard.

"-and fuck you." I finish triumphantly.

Dick gasps for air at the searing pain I must've inflicted, but it never wavered his smile for a bit.

"Fair enough," He manages to choke out through the pain.

I stick my nose up and point it in the opposite direction as I puff my cheeks out, trying to convey my feelings clearly as I see girls do in the Asian animated shows I watch.