Broad Daylight Jewelry Heist

Walking down the street, my high heeled shoes clack against the concrete sidewalk in the heat of the Metropolis afternoon. It's been afew days since I came back to earth from the Watch Tower, to Kal's disapproval.

I quickly got sick of being kept under his watchful eyes so I begged Lois to distract Kal for me for one afternoon so I could sneak out and just...BREATHE!

For alittle while it seemed like Dick and M'gann were avoiding me, well-I BELIEVED they were avoiding me. Now do I have proof? No. Did I call to find out what was going on? Not even close. I just trust my gut feeling.

My God, you're pathetic...I think to myself with much chagrin.

I stumble abit as I'm still not used to being on ear heels and I was unsure what demon- that's the word people use right?- possessed me to decide to practice walking around in heels on a hot busy Metropolis day like today!?

I sigh as I cover up my wobbly walk and lean against a brick wall next to a dim alley as I rub my aching feet.

I know exactly why...

I was trying to get used to wearing heels because I had the sneaking suspicion that Dick might be into girls who wear heels. Because during the night out with the gang my delusional mind kept believing he was sneaking glances at my dress and shoes. And I also saw him looking at Barbara abit more and I deduced it must've been because of her killer black heels.

OR he was looking at her more because he was communicating with her, you damn psychopath!?

I try not to groan at my utter stupidity and continue wobble-walking down the sidewalk with no clear destination in mind. I look at the rows of beauty stores lining either side of the road and was trying to convince myself to go into some of them and spend some of Kal's hard-earned money on maybe more high-heeled shoes.

And torture myself even more!? ARE YOU MENTAL!?

I sigh out loud as I was too exhausted to continue walking in the absolute death traps and began making my way back down to the alley I was resting next to to take off my shoes and call a cab to take me back home.

Dick's interest in shoes can go suck it! I ain't torturing myself any more for this! I think to myself. Or more like you torturing your own damn self because you're not even sure if Dick is into high heels to begin with!!!

"Urgh! I hate it when I'm right." I mumble to myself.

Just as I am about half a foot away from the alley I see 3 black figures zoom passed me on motor bikes and skid into the busy main road. The bikes make a hard right and began zipping in and out of panicked crowds of people.

One of the bikers lifted up a machine guns and wildly shooting bullets into the air that made bystanders either scramble in a mad panic or fall to the ground in absolute fear.

I quickly sneak into the alley from once they came and quickly ripe of my clothes to reveal my Supergirl costume. Today I decided to wear the plain white shirt with the Superman logo on it and bright blue shorts in place of the mini skirt.

I'd learned my lesson from last time and always made sure to carry my super suit with me, no matter how hot and constricting it may get. I was slightly worried because huge crowds of people were racing by the alley as I hid far in the back and changed and prayed no one saw me or came down this way. I then quickly stash my clothes and shoes behind a dumpster and flew into action...barefoot.