Chapter 23

The next morning, I woke up to see that my mother and Janice were gone. Glad to be alone, I grabbed my phone and went straight to my instagram.

"Terry..." I went to her instagram and clicked, follow. Her photos were mainly based on her and friends, and what I realized was that she was super pretty. Pretty enough to be a model of some sort. I clicked her photos only to see that she was doing a live stream.

Perfect timing! I thought.

"Hey everyone! It's Terry Girl! I'm in such a good mood because my best friend is here with me!" The camera tilted showing a girl as pretty as her.

For the next hour, I watched her live, and I was surprised at how calm and mature she was. I was daydreaming when I got a message.

My Messages:

[Jennie] Call me ASAP.

Confused, I clicked on her icon and my phone rang a couple of times before she picked up. She looked at me with a nervous facial expression.

"What is it?" I asked her. She bit her lip and then spit it out.

"Remember when you told me to find the instagram user?"

"Yeah. Did you find the person?"

"Mhm. It's that FayFo, or FiFi person." I bit the inside of my cheek to keep myself from laughing.

"It's FeiFei." Jennie rolled her eyes.

"Who cares? FayFo, FiFi, FeiFei, all the same thing." I loved how straightforward my cousin was.

"Not the same. It's the same thing as Jenna and Jennie." I pointed out, but she shook her head.

"Jenna and Jennie are so different, what are you talking about?" I snorted and stopped, knowing that this argument wasn't going anywhere.

"Either way. Anything else?" She laid her head on her hands. I hesitated. Would Jennie support me on the topic of tracking down Terry? I bit my lip. "Just tell me, Megan."

I took a deep breath and said, "Jennie, do you know who Terry Girl is? Or Cassandra Girl?" Jennie's face became pale. As pale as a ghost, or even worse.

"Your mother or Janice didn't tell you?" She softly asked. I shook my head, and my hair whished around. "It's probably not my place to-"

"Please, Jennie. Things are getting heated around here," I looked down at my lap. It wasn't a lie. She pushed her hair back and sighed.

"Fine. But I hope your mom doesn't-"

"Kill you? Trust me, she won't find out." She rolled her eyes for the hundredth time today, but nodded steadily.

"Alright. So Terry's full name is Terry Cassandra Girl. She just went by her middle name back then. You guys used to be really close, and Terry's older brother used to date Janice. Apparently, something happened between those two, and Terry's older brother made a whole commotion. I don't know the details, but after that, both families have been distancing themselves." She bit her nail until it snapped.

"Really? Who was her older brother?" I leaned forward in my seat.

"I don't know. And I don't go around saying this outside, but in my town, there's a rumor that her older brother was the cause of why your brother is in the facility now." She leaned back casually with her arms crossed.

"What?! That can't be. William got sent to that place because of drugs..." I trailed off at the thought of what William did.

"Yeah, but still. That could've been a cover-up story." She shuddered at the thought. "Who could be that evil, though?"