Chapter 25

Months went by, with no nothing new whatsoever. I graduated eighth grade and I was going to high school in the fall. I was glad that me and Daniel were working out well. Theo and Josie however... started to get some problems among them. Theo started a part time job at a cafe... and since he's attractive, many girls started to ask him out. Josie was not happy, and I had no idea how their relationship is going right now.

I had improved my relationship with Terry and she happened to be very nice. I haven't asked her about William yet, because what if I scare her away?

Ding! I checked my phone to see that I had received an email from Celestial Entertainment. Nervously, I clicked on it to see a message.

___

Hello Megan Gallagher,

This is Kim Seohyun. Currently, we have debuted our new girl group, Panda Girls, and we will be debuting another girl group in a couple of years. I have emailed you to ask if you have confirmed your decision of trying out for our Entertainment. If you have questions, please feel free to check out our website or email us using our company information.

If you would like to try out, we prefer it to be in the next one year. We have a good number of trainees, but you have caught our eye and we would really love for you to participate.

Thank you, and we respect your decision of what you would like to do.

Sincerely,

Kim Seohyun, Celestial Entertainment Vice-President

___

Ah. Another email from them. It was currently July, one month before school started, and I had received five emails from them so far. I hadn't responded to any, since I still had no thoughts on auditioning.

Although I was half Japanese and had a little bit heritage from Korea, I had never been interested much in the topic of music. I had wanted to become a fashion designer from a young age, and I was still trying to pursue that dream.

"Where are you going?" I could hear the echo of my mom and Janice's conversation from below.

"Just to meet some friends." Janice seemed very cold lately, and she avoided colliding with me in the hallway. I didn't know why she was acting this way, and it made me feel very vulnerable in her presence.

"Who are your friends?" My mom nagged. I heard something crash, so I quietly ran out of my room and looked over the banister. A vase was broken on the ground, and my mom looked furious.

"Please stop bothering me, mom. I'm really stressed from the SAT, and I don't want to add anything more onto it." Janice slammed the front door and left. My mother sighed, exhausted. Janice was basically throwing a tantrum, and my mother was the unlucky person who was on the receiving side.

"Poor mom..." It wasn't that my mom wasn't going through things either. She was having a hard time at work, because she had dark circles under her eyes and came back at midnight. I wished that I could help them in any way. That's why I took up the job at the local ice cream parlor.

I watched as my mother strode away and went to the direction of her office. It had been about four months since I had first seen Terry and went to my mom's office.

"Mom!" I shouted down the stairs.

No response.

"Mom, I'm going out!"

Still no response.

I walked down the stairs towards my mother's office. I leaned in to listen to sounds that were coming from inside the room.

"No, you can't visit the kids." I didn't know who my mom was talking to. She sounded very angry, though. "I said no!"

Whoever was talking on the other side of the phone was obviously making my mother angry. I had never heard her shout like this before.

"Jason." There was that name, again. "Mark has been hunting us down again, Megan's friends with his younger sister, and William's still in the facility. While you're leaving me to deal with all this, that's all you can say to me?!" Mark had a younger sister? That I was friends with?

"Could it be Josie this time?" But Josie wasn't like that. And my mom had met Josie many times, and greeted her with a real smile. I knew when my mom disliked someone.... Right? "I can't be Josie..." I whispered so that my mother wouldn't hear my voice echo through the hallway.

"They're living here, Jason. You gave me the wrong information. If Megan gets close to her, it can be dangerous. She can end up like William."

The conversation was so confusing. I didn't even know who 'she' was, because I had so many friends that had moved here. Even people that weren't my friends.

There was Daniel and Theo, but they were boys and how could a boy have the pronoun of 'she'?

Arianna was Dave's younger sister, which meant that she wouldn't have been Mark's sister. She also wasn't seeking revenge, which she sounded sincere in.

Josie was too innocent. I knew for a fact that she was an only child, and she would have no part in what was going on.

Then there were people that weren't my friends either. Like Ella. Ella had recently moved to California too, but she wasn't my friend. If my mom said that I was getting close to someone, then that meant that she had someone spying or overlooking me for her.

Last, there was Terry. But Terry... she didn't seem dangerous. I still wanted to ask her about the picture, but I didn't have enough courage. We were just starting to know each other. Terry did mention that she has an older brother once, but I'd never met him.

I sighed and knocked on the door. There were murmurs on the other side of the wall and I heard her hang up the phone.

"Come in."

I walked in and ran to her. "You're home today!"

"I'm working from home today instead of going to my office."

"Can I go out to meet a friend?" My mother didn't question me and waved me out the door. I wondered why she was so worried about Janice when she wasn't about me. Did she trust me more? But she had just poured everything into my father a couple minutes ago.

It doesn't matter right now. I breathed and told myself. Beep! I looked down at my phone to see a text from Terry. I smiled warmly and opened my messages.

My Messages:

[Terry] Megan!

[Megan] Yeah?

[Terry] Should we go to the pool instead of the cafe?

[Megan] Where would we find a pool?

[Terry] My apartment has one. Please? It's super hot anyways.

[Megan] Why not? I'll be there in a few. I have to get my swimsuit.

[Terry] Yay!

[Megan] See you.

[Terry] Yup.

I started to move towards the stairs again to get my swimsuit. I heard my mom talking again, but thinking of my current state, I didn't go to eavesdrop again.

___

"Megan!" Terry called, and I ran over to her. "I'm so glad you're here!" I smiled gratefully when she took some of my stuff out of my hands.

"It's good to see you too." We started to chat as we walked towards the pool. Terry smiled, looking forward.

"I guess my brother's here with his friends today too." I looked ahead... and saw something I wouldn't have chose to look at if I had a choice.