〡 nine 〡

Rafe stood at her door watching her sleep making sure shes ok smiling at how cute the girl sleeps "hey she will be ok" Topper says to him noticing the way hes watching her "i know.. its just i want her to be safe and not hang around with those pouges" he says facing Topper in the kitchen.

"then lets make sure she doesn't" Rafes face shows a bit of confusion to his words "i want her to be safe and being around those pouges isn't keeping her safe. Especially Jj" Rafe's face cringed to the mention of her and Jj "ok" he responds but before he can finish the girl wakes up.

"hey are you ok?" Rafe and Topper say going to her bed "i'm fine." she sits up "i'll make some breakfast" Topper says leaving the two alone.

Madelyn moves her arm the wrong way and immediately grabs it with her other hand causing Rafe to go and help her "ahh shit" Madelyn looks at her hand and blood is going through her bandage "hey hey its ok here" Rafe grabs a spare bandage from her bag and take the old one off, proceeding to wrap the new one on.

"hey thank you Rafe" the girl said looking at him with a smile "you don't have to thank me, i'll always be here for you. Friends for life remember?" he responds making sure the bandage won't fall off.

"hey guys someones here can you get it?" Topper yells from the kitchen making what smells like bacon and eggs "i'll get it wait here" Rafe stands up going to the door. As he opens it four figures appear holding flowers and stuffed animals.

"is she here?" Kie asks the boy "yeah she's here, but i don't think she should hang around with pouges" He responds causing Topper to go to the door "what is taking so- what do you guys want?"

"we want to see her shes our friend" John B responds "hey guys who's at the- omg Kie!" Madelyn runs up and hugs her, all five boys jump in worry when she wraps her bad arm around her. "careful" Topper says under his breath so only Madelyn and Rafe could hear.

Madelyn notices Jj and a smiles creeps up on his face "you guys shouldn't be here. Madelyn won't be hanging around pouges anymore" Topper says causing Madelyn to give him an angry look "what why wont i? it's my life"

"because Maddie look what happened last time you were with them. You got hurt i don't want to see my little sister hurt" he says with an agitated voice "you can't make me not hang out with them Topper" Madelyn goes inside grabs her phone and bag and walks out the door.

Before she made it off the porch Topper stood in front of her blocking her way out "where do you think your going?" "out with my friends" She responds trying to get past him.

"no your not Maddie" he holds the to frames of the porch making sure she can't go "hey, if she wants to go out let her" Jj yells at him walking up behind him. He turns around glaring at the blonde boy "i'm trying to protect her she's my sister for god sake" Madelyn manages to push past him and hugs Jj tightly. He hugs her back kissing her head softly making sure shes ok.

"i'll be back later Topper, i promise" her words made Topper look down at her holding his hand "please Topper" "fine but be back before mum gets home ok?" she lets go of Jj and hugs her big brother. His eyes start to water as she hugs him tightly "i love you" she said under her breath so only he could hear "i love you too Maddie"

⎯⎯ ୨ ୧ ⎯⎯

Back at the chateau Jj and Madelyn are in the spare bedroom laying down eating while Kie and Pope are on the floor throwing grapes at each other "hey guys, i wanted to say thank you if you didn't come i would probably be having to deal with Topper and Rafe on my back" Madelyn tells the group laughing holding up a beer.

"to us" the group says taking a sip of there drink when John B enters "hey Pope Kie can you come here for a second?" "sure" the two get up closing the door behind them.

"so what should we do?" Jj says stroking her hair, Madelyn sits up and looks at him "we should talk about the hospital.." he sits up and watches her play with her fingers "what about it?" he asks the girl.

"i- i liked the kiss and i like you, but" the boys face dims to the word but knowing something was going to happen "we can't Jj" she sighs "my brother would" "your brother would what? it's your life Madelyn not his" he grabs her hand and her eyes start to tear up.

"i know but hes the one person in my family that actually understands me and cares for me, yes my mother loves me but she doesn't look after me when i'm sick or help me with homework. I know Topper can be mean and annoying but hes my brother Jj i don't want to ruin what we have" she says crying, Jj places his hand on her face and wipes away the tears "i understand. Its ok come here" he opens his arms out hugging her and she sobs into his shirt.

She looks up into his eyes and he into hers. They couldn't take their eyes off each other like as if they did the world would end. Jj slowly moves his face closer till their lips touch making them kiss, she didn't want this feeling to go away not again but sadly it got interrupted by Madelyn's phone ringing.

"i- i should get that" she says avoiding eye contact "yeah" she grabs her bag and gets out her phone to see a random number "that's weird" she shows Jj the phone and he takes it off her answering it "hi, how may i help you" he says while Madelyn tries taking the phone off him.

"one sec. It's some girl named Isabella" her heart froze to the name she never thought she would hear it again. She took the phone and held it up to her ear "i- izzy?" she said in a nervous tone "hey Mads, miss me?"

 She took the phone and held it up to her ear "i- izzy?" she said in a nervous tone "hey Mads, miss me?"