Chapter 14

Jihoon and Junkyu had always been clingy with each other to begin with, but after the news of Junkyu to go abroad soon made them spend even more time together. After the initial shock of the news, both of them realized that their time left shouldn't be wasted weeping on the unforeseen, so they planned to get the best out of it. Staying over at each other's house became an everyday thing for them and none of the two families complained about it.

Jeongwoo himself was upset knowing that the friend like hyung wouldn't be around after a few weeks. He genuinely liked Junkyu. A fun guy, who is highly relatable, who helps him to gang up on Jihoon and who is fun to tease as well. Jeongwoo knows that beside Jihoon, the one person that sees him like a younger brother is Junkyu. So, he always wished Junkyu well.

But one thing frightened Jeongwoo. The time when his brother stayed with Junkyu, he somehow felt like himself, but on some rare occasions, where Junkyu couldn't be with him, Jihoon looked utterly depressed. Like he would space out, sometimes, would not respond if asked. Jihoon usually is the one who sleeps thinking about what to eat tomorrow. But his depressed self would not even care what's there for meal because he'd eat less either way. Jeongwoo feared the upcoming days when Junkyu would be gone for good. He wondered if his brother will ever be his usual self after Junkyu leaves?

However, neither Jihoon nor Junkyu focused on the future. Rather, in their time together, when they had no work at hand, no studies and were not in the mood to cause any chaos in general, they'd talk about themselves. It started recently as they became even more attached with each other. Junkyu would randomly talk about the first time they met or how Jihoon used to make fun of him before he broke down and Jihoon felt way too guilty.

"Remember how you cried after realizing how much your words hurt me when you used to mock me?" Junkyu said, lying down on his own bed as Jihoon came to stay over at Junkyu's house.

Jihoon smiled a bit. How would he ever forget the blissful mistake that made him befriend the kindest person on earth? Junkyu was a child actor, doing different commercials. One particular clip of him messing up while pointing his index finger in the wrong direction went viral and the schoolmates of Junkyu started mocking him. Everything was lighter at first but as days went by, he got mocked at by more and more people and some of them started hurting Junkyu. Well, everyone were children themselves so nobody understood the impact that was being left on Junkyu. Jihoon was one of the most noticeable among the mocking students. Jihoon himself didn't understand at all that Junkyu was feeling insecure and was hurting inside, so when, one day he found the boy crying alone on the ground, he approached to ask him the reason. But Junkyu ran away from him that day. Jihoon found him crying again one day, in the bathroom, so he went to the pretty boy once again and held his shoulders so that he could stay still. After investigating, Jihoon realized everything and started feeling sorry.

"I still remember how you yourself cried while coming to ask me about it in the bathroom." Junkyu teased Jihoon.

"Yah! That's because I was kind from my childhood."

"Says the bully." Junkyu said, laughing, earning a smack on his arm from Jihoon.

The child Jihoon acted mature after knowing the truth from Junkyu back then. At first, he himself stopped mocking Junkyu about it, but he could see how everyone still mocked Junkyu so he started using his wit to counter attack. And it worked like magic. Well, Jihoon was a savage child, so getting mocked at by Jihoon was a no-no for the other children. When everyone could see that saying one bad word about Junkyu would earn themselves some savage remarks from Jihoon, they backed away.

"You know, people used to call me your guardian." Jihoon said, reminiscing his childhood once again.

"Yeah, they're not wrong though. You still look after me like you are my protector." Junkyu said, grateful from his heart.