Chapter 7

Loki's POV:

I was in my washroom tub with Yrsa leaning against me between my legs. My morning had started off wonderfully. I had not planned what had occurred, it just... happened. I do not seem to have control over myself when she is around, I mean, I have only known her for two days but I have already bedded her. I am pretty sure that goes against some kind of social rule but do I honestly care? No, not really. I always take what I want and right now; she is what I want, what I crave. Her very being drives me insane; her smile warms my icy heart, her mellow voice soothes my soul. Her brown-black eyes are so pure, so inviting. I love everything about this girl. Wait, hold on; love? Do I... love her? No, it's too early for that. But I am quite fond of her, I like having her around me. I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard Yrsa say softly, "I wish I could read minds." "Why would you want to be able to do that? Do you know how hurtful people's thoughts can be?" She sighed and laid her head on my right shoulder. "Maybe then I would know what you actually think of me. I do not usually bed a man within the first few hours of meeting him." She splashed some water over her face, probably to hide the tears forming in her eyes. I pulled her closer to my chest and kissed her temple. Does she think I see her as a harlot? "Do you think I see you as a whore? Is that why you feel the need to explain your actions to me?" Her eyes closed and a drop of water trickled from her left eye, I couldn't tell if that was a tear or just water. I then hugged her tightly from behind and asked again, "Well, do you?" Yrsa let out a shaky breath and finally whispered, "Yes." The room went silent. My heart felt sore, like someone had just disparaged me. The mere thought of Yrsa crying because of me hurt me deeply. 

After our exchange, we continued bathing in silence. Her mind was racing; she was hurt, deeply, by my silence. But I have never been the best at expressing how I feel, I would just have to show her what I feel for her. Soon, we were done bathing. Yrsa climbed out of the tub first and grabbed a cotton towel off of the rack that hung on the wall over the tub tap. She wiped her body down, reached for her undergarment on the floor and began to dress. Once she was done dressing herself, she grabbed the towel she had used and headed out of the washroom. I sat in the tub, just staring at the door, with my mouth slightly open. How was I going to fix this? I knew she was beyond angry, but not only with me; with herself as well. Her thoughts were pretty easy to catch read of since she does not have a clue on how to shield them from mind readers. She felt cheap. I  had made her feel cheap; me. 

After sitting for around thirty minutes in the tub after Yrsa had left the washroom, I decided to get dressed too. I climbed out of the tub and cleaned it. I then grabbed a towel as well and wiped myself down. Once I was done, I wrapped the towel around my waist and started brushing my black, wet hair with the brush I keep in the cabinet near my bath salts. As I was brushing my hair in front of the mirror, I heard the door open. I then saw Yrsa's reflection in the mirror, she was standing near the rim of the door with her hands behind her back and her eyes on the floor. "Prince Loki, is there anything you wish to be assisted with?" She said softly, her eyes still glued to the floor. "Why- uh, just lay out my armour on the bed and you can grab something to eat from my kitchen." She nodded and left again. 

Yrsa's POV: 

I was in Loki's kitchen, eating a bowl of something called 'yoghurt', I did not know what this delicacy was but it tasted marvelous, it was just one of those items us lower class folk could not afford. I had taken it because I thought Loki would not mind. I was sitting in the kitchen on a chair near the the cabinet I had grabbed the yoghurt from. I leaned back into the chair and started thinking about what had happened in the washroom. What had that silence meant? Did he truly think I was cheap? I felt a tear trickle down my left cheek. I put the bowl on the cabinet, put my hands to my face and started sobbing silently, I felt like someone had just punched me in the gut. As I was crying, I heard footsteps approaching the kitchen area. I quickly wiped my face with my hands and took the bowl to continue eating. I looked up to find Loki standing at the entrance of the kitchen area with a desolate look on his face, his eyes firmly set on me. I squirmed under his gaze and whipped my eyes back to the floor. "Do you honestly think of me in that way? That I could be so ignorant? Do you really think I could be so disrespectful towards you?" Loki spoke softly, he sounded... hurt. "What do you mean?" I enquired, my eyes still looking at the floor. "I mean what you think I mean." He said firmly. I looked at him in the eye, "I do not know. What was I supposed to think when you just fell quiet? Silence, in most cases, is a bad thing." He sighed and his gaze fell to the floor. 

"Yrsa," Loki said as he approached me; his strides long and confident, "I have never been the best at airing my feelings. People have always seen me as this cold-blooded, manipulative liar who cares about no one but himself." "Well, are you that person?" I asked him "No, well, I can be like that but it is not the real me. Only three people have seen behind the facade." He said as he took the bowl out of my grasp, set it on the counter and took my hands in his. "And who are these lucky three?" I said as he knelt down to be at eye level with me. "Well, that would be my mother," he leaned in closer to me, "that bumbling buffoon, Thor," then took my chin in his left thumb and index finger, "and... you." He smiled at me then pulled me in for a peck. The kiss was tender and slow, not hard and hungry like before. My heart fluttered and a million fire crackers went off in my belly. Could I be... falling for him?