Chapter 32

Narrator's POV:

"Have you come to help your father, golden boy?" Loki spat viciously as he threw Odin to the ground, causing the all-father to hit the icy rock with a gruesome thud. Thor walked towards Loki but was quickly stopped by Yrsa, "Speak your piece where you stand, dear brother." Thor looked over to Loki who was standing behind his wife, hand placed on the small of her back. "You heard what she said. What have you to say?" Loki questioned, a slight scowl on his face. Thor placed Mjolnir on the ground and nonchalantly stood with his hands to his side, "I did not come here to fight with you and your lady, Loki. You know very well that I was against this whole thing from the beginning." Thor sighed and placed his left hand on Loki's right shoulder with a solemn smile on his face and uttered, "Brother, come home. There isn't need for any of this. Father can apologize to you and you can do the same to him-" Thor was cut off by Loki putting his right hand up. "What did you just say, Odinson? You expect me to apologise to him?" Loki croaked as he gestured to Odin. "You expect me to leave my home, my people? The one place I actually feel accepted?" Loki looked at Thor in the eye as he pushed him back harshly. "Loki, you don't belong here. You belong back home on Asgard, with mother, with me. You can come back here and visit anytime you want to but please, brother, come home." Thor spoke, his voice was quaking. Thor just wanted his family back, his little brother to be back home but Loki was sick and tired of being in Thor's shadow. The truth was that Loki loved Thor with all of his heart but he knew his brother would never understand what it was like to be him; to be constantly compared to someone, to always never be good enough. Loki was done seeking Odin's approval, he was already happy and content with the love and support he gained from Yrsa. All Loki wanted was to be happy in Jotunheim with his heart's love. 

"Look, Thor, I don't want to go back there. That's your home, not mine. I'm happy here with Yrsa, this is where we belong." Loki said, his voice a lot softer. Yrsa looked to her husband and kissed his cheek with a soft smile on her face. "My love, we need to put an end to this. Our people are dying and countless of Asgardian lives have been lost." Yrsa muttered to Loki and gestured to the ensuing battle below them. "You all are weak!" Odin began as he tried to rise from the ground. "You know nothing about war, you know nothing about the necessity of blood shed. You are pathetic, all of you!" Odin bellowed as he drew his sword. "Father, stop this at once. Loki wants not to fight you, he just wants to be happy here with his people, on his home! Do you not understand that?" Thor spoke as he picked Mjolnir up and walked towards his father. "Old man, I suggest you yield before this turns ugly for you." Yrsa demanded as she ascended from the ground once again. Odin scoffed, "Do you really think your witch powers scare me, little girl?" Yrsa smirked as the ground began to rumble and shake. Her eyes began to glow a soft teal colour. "Loki, what is she doing?" Thor asked as the ground he stood on quaked harshly. Loki turned and looked up at Yrsa. "I don't know." Loki uttered with a slight smile on his face. 

Yrsa's POV: 

I was livid. Odin had disrespected me, my home and my husband. He has threatened the lives of thousands and thousands of innocent Jotuns; my people. "Odin, surrender now or feel my wrath!" I shouted at him. Odin pointed his sword in my direction and bellowed, "DO YOUR WORST!" I could feel the blood within my veins become colder as a blue energy travelled through them. I was sure my eyes were glowing a cobalt shade as tiny icicles form in my hands. "Oh trust me, all-father, that is exactly what I intend on doing!" I shouted down at Odin as I raised my hand and a flurry of icicles shot in his direction. Odin blocked my attack with his sword but I strengthened the power of my icicle blast and sent him on his knees. "YRSA, STOP!  LOKI, CONTROL YOUR MAIDEN! SHE WILL HURT FATHER!" I heard Thor shout from below. "Let him die." I said, more to myself than anyone else. -Darling- I heard a voice in my head say. I looked down to Loki and met his gaze; he was looking at me with a small smile on his face. -Finish him, do it for us, for our peace. You know Odin will stop at nothing to see Jotunheim fall. Do it, my love. I won't be angry, Thor will come to accept his new role as king of Asgard and mother will know this was for the best.- I heard Loki's voice utter again as he tilted his head a bit higher so I could see his face better.