Chapter 11

Loki's POV:

I was awoken by the sun's rays shining brightly on my face through the lightly curtained window. I brought my hands to my face and rubbed my eyes lightly; I had not slept this well in a very long time. Most nights, I would have recurring nightmares and, eventually, I end up just staring at the ceiling of my bedroom... thinking. I suddenly felt a pair of soft lips on my left cheek and I smiled. I turned to look at her and whispered, "Good morning, darling." Yrsa looked up at me sleepily and said, "It is, with you here." I chuckled softly and pulled her closer to me. She nuzzled into my arms, humming. "Loki?" She said softly. "Yes, love?" I replied. "What happens now?" She tensed up. "With what, exactly?" I looked down at her curiously. Yrsa slowly shifted out of my embrace and sat up. She was still naked, that beautiful brown skin glistening in the sun's light, those black-brown eyes sparkling as they landed on me. I smirked as my eyes slowly travelled across the curves and contours of her body. Her beauty never ceases to amaze me. I propped myself up on my elbows and continued to gape at her, smirk still in place. "What is it?" Her mellow voice softly echoing in my head. "I am merely admiring what is mine." I spoke tenderly. Her cheeks were tinted a light pink as she tilted her head to the right and smiled shyly. "Loki, stop being so adorable and listen to me please." "Alright darling, speak to me. What is it that is on your mind?" I enquired. "Royalty is not meant to have any kind of romantic relation with the help, let alone partake in the act of copulation with them. What happens now, Loki? I do not wish to lose my job nor do I wish to cause any tension between you and your family. But," she said as she came closer to me, looking tenderly into my eyes and continued, "I do not wish to lose you. So, what happens now?" 

I let out a small breath and sat up. Yrsa is right; her and I are not meant to be together, well according to Odin's rules. But I could never bring myself to let Yrsa go, she has become a lot more important to me than I had anticipated. I looked up at her; a light frown etched across her exquisite facial features. "Yrsa, listen to me. I do not wish to lose you either. Do not fret, my love. We will just have to keep this, us, in the confines of our two chambers for now." Yrsa smiled and wrapped her arms around my neck. I enveloped her in a firm but soft embrace and kissed her left shoulder. 

Yrsa's POV:

I was laying in Loki's arms. We had spent most of the morning laying in bed, talking. He had told me about how his childhood was like being a prince and having a brother like Thor. Loki also spoke about how he had found out the truth about his Jotun lineage; how Laufey, Loki's birth father, had left him for dead in an ice temple, how Odin had saved him and taken him in as his own. He told me stories of his antics; playing tricks on Thor and such. He had also told me about the recurring nightmares he has on a nightly bases; he told me about how Thanos took him as a prisoner and tortured him for days on end. Loki also shared the story of the battle he ensued on Midgard, under the control of Thanos, of course; my heart broke as I heard how broken that experience had left him. I had also told him about how I grew up, losing my mother at a young age, having to take care of my family. We spoke about everything, I learnt so many things about Loki and he had learnt so many things about me as well. I appreciated how he had opened up to me and let me in. "Yrsa?" Loki whispered, his cool breath brushing against my cheek. "Yes, love? What is it?" I replied. "Thank you, for listening to me. For making me feel wanted, needed. I have never felt such care and love before; not even from my own family." He said softly, his voice shaking slightly. I hugged onto him tighter and murmured, "Loki, you do not need to thank me, I would do anything to put a smile on your face and ease your heart. I only wish to show you the same amount of love I receive from you." Loki chuckled softly and kissed my forehead. As he was about to speak, we heard a soft knock on my door. I froze, it had to be Aunt Freyer. Loki whispered, "Yes, it is." I had forgotten he could read minds. "Yrsa, dear, are you awake?" Aunt Freyer asked from behind the door. I started to panic, my heart quickened and my breaths began to shorten. "Yrsa, relax. I will just hop into the washroom quickly. I need to bathe anyways." Loki said nonchalantly. He kissed my left temple and got out of bed. He grabbed a black fleece off of my bedside couch, wrapped it around his waist and walked into my washroom, closing the door. 

"I'll open shortly, Aunt." I called out. I got out of bed, grabbed my night gown from the floor, slipped it on and headed for the door. I opened and was met by Aunt Freyer holding a tray of food with her. I smiled nervously and stepped aside to let her in. She suddenly stopped on the threshold of my door, lightly sniffed then scrunched her nose. "Yrsa, dear, your chambers smell... peculiar. Do you mind telling me what you were doing in here and with whom?" I cleared my throat while fiddling with my night gown. "Well?" Aunt turned her head and looked to me, stern look plastered across her face. I slowly closed the door, trying to avoid Aunt's stare. How was I going to tell her Loki and I had spent the night making love? "Darling, where do you keep your body towels?" Loki suddenly called out from inside the washroom. Aunt Freyer's mouth slightly fell open. I took the tray from her and set it on the bedside dresser. Aunt Freyer walked over to the couch and plopped down onto it. I headed over and sat next to her. She looked at me, still in utter disbelief and said, "Is that who I think it is?" I looked to the floor and nodded. "In the cabinet below the sink." I called out to Loki. Shortly, he came out of the washroom; towel wrapped low around his waist. He was still a bit wet; his black locks draped over his shoulders, dripping water onto his toned chest. I realised I was gaping when Aunt Freyer tapped my shoulder lightly and whispered, "Dear, close your mouth." I blinked and closed my mouth. Loki smiled at me and spoke, "Darling, come over here for a minute." I hesitated for a bit, fearing what my aunt would say. After a little while, I stood up and walked over to Loki, who was standing next to the dresser that stood near my washroom door. Once I reached him, he took me by the hand and pulled me close to his side, wrapping one arm around me. "Good morning Lady Freyer." Loki said with a soft smile. "Good morning, Prince Loki." Aunt Freyer said sternly. "I see you've already put your parental walls up. Well, allow me to get dressed then explain my crude actions."