31. "𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚍?"

"If there's any problems, let us know." Sue said out the car window as I walked up my driveway with Honey and my luggage.

"Of course I will. Thank you again." I said waving them off as their car pulled away.

My mum's car wasn't on the driveway, meaning she definitely wasn't home. Plus, the front door was locked. I wonder where my brother could be. At the end of the day, it's none of my business. I just wish that me and my brother had a better relationship.

I unlocked the door with my keys and immediately, Honey rushed through the doorway. I hauled in my suitcase and her bag and temporarily placed them in the hallway.

Not too long after I had got home, I was up in my bedroom unpacking a few of my things when I heard a car pull up outside. Cautiously, I went to look out of bedroom window and funnily enough, my mother had come home although she wasn't alone. A man with light brown, disheveled hair and broad shoulders climbed out of the passenger seat and walked up the driveway along side my mum.

When she went to unlock the door and found it already unlocked, I saw fear and horror cross onto her face. I could hear Honey running from wherever she was in the house to see who was at the door. She opened the door slowly before I heard her shouting.

"Fucking dog!" She exclaimed, "Skye!"

I moved away from the window and continued to unpack my things.

A few moments after I don't respond to her, I hear her heals on the wooden flooring heading in the direction of the stairs. There's mutters shared between her and the man in the hallway before she makes her way up the stairs to my bedroom.

"Why are you here?" She asks when she barges into my room.

"You wanted me home right? I'm here like you asked." I said.

"No, that was about a week ago."

"So what? You're gonna kick me out?"

She edges her way towards me, one finger pointed at me threateningly until the door creaks open again and in steps the man.

"What are you doing in my room? I don't even know you! Get out!" I shout at him.

Suddenly, my mum grabbed hold of my face, her grip so tight I couldn't move my head.

"Don't you dare talk to Aaron like that!" She says sternly.

When my mum is mad, she spits when she talks, so by now, I was squinting to keep the saliva out of my eyes.

"Yeah no, ok. This isn't gonna work." I say pulling my face from her grip.

"No, it's not." She says and storms out of the room along with her - what i assume to be - boyfriend.

Honey plods into the room after they leave and lays down on my bed. I just stand there in complete shock. This was always going to be how it was. Me on my own, The only sane one in my family that actually cared for other people.

I could tell by the muffled voices and slamming of kitchen cabinets downstairs that the two were talking and probably drinking, my mum venting to Aaron. My mum had most likely brought home another drunk.

I can't live here anymore.

I pull my phone out of my back pocket and type in find Alex's phone number into my contacts. It rings for a while, longer than it normally does so I hang up and decide to try one of the only other people who care about me - Harvey.

I know that he's a long way away and I don't know how he's going to help me but he was my only other option at the moment. I take a brief inhale and look over at Honey sat on the bed. She seemed sad which she didn't earlier today when we came home. Living here would just make us both utterly miserable and I couldn't deal with that.