32. "𝚈𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚔𝚒𝚌𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙼𝚊𝚡 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚜𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚡?"

Once I was done explaining what happened to both Harvey and Sara, we were only about a couple minutes from their house. The whole time I was telling the story, Harvey was clutching on to my hand giving it a comforting squeeze every now and then.

I also had a chance to text Alex back after she kept harassing me about how she was sorry she didn't pick up the phone. She felt even more devastated the moment I told her what had happened at home.

"I'll grab your stuff. You and Honey head inside and make yourselves at home." Harvey says gently dropping my hand to get out of the car as soon as we parked on the Mills' driveway.

I grab Honey's lead from beside me and follow Harvey out of the car. The dog jumps out behind me and excitedly wags her tail, knowing where she is. Urgently, she starts to pull on the lead and I smile at her happiness.

Sara walks up to the front door of their house and puts the key in the lock. She opens the door and steps inside, slipping off her shoes. I follow her inside and surprisingly, there isn't much noise around. 

I let Honey off of her lead and she wanders through the house.

"Where is everyone?" I ask, walking into the kitchen with Sara.

"I think Max is upstairs and Tilly is at her friend's house and Leo went back to boarding school. Dobby and Dylan left just after you did and Jenna left a little while ago. Paul took the dogs out for a walk as well." Sara smiles, placing her bag down on the kitchen countertop.

I look over my shoulder when I hear the front door close and see Harvey walk towards the stairs with my bags. He disappears upstairs with them, leaving me in the kitchen with Sara. Although it wasn't awkward. I guess in the last hour or so, I had unloaded so much of my life to her that it now felt normal.

"I don't want to make this a big thing, but is there anything we can do?" Sara asks looking at me with sympathetic eyes.

"I honestly don't know. She won't confess anything and the police won't find anything to prove her guilty. I've tried before. Believe me, it didn't work." I sigh.

"Well how about you stay here... permanently... with us."

"I really don't want to intrude. Just a week or so until I figure something out will be fine-" I say.

"No Hun, I insist. She doesn't know where we live, so you'll be safe here. I'll make sure of it." Sara says.

"Ok." I say, a little stunned.

"Hey! Long time, no see." Max chuckles when he walks into the kitchen.

"You didn't think you could get rid of me that easily did you? Remember, I'm a crazy fan." I joke.

"I wouldn't put it past you." Max says.

I scoff at him before he walks over to me and engulfs me in a hug.

"Harvey gave me a quick rundown. You'll be ok here." He mumbles into my hair.

I only grip onto him tighter, happy to feel safe again. Just then, Harvey comes back downstairs and into the kitchen. I pull away from Max when Harvey starts to speak.

"Where's Skye gonna sleep?" He asks.

"I'm not gonna be mean so you can both sleep in Harvey's bed but no funny business. Ok?" Sara says, her eyes flitting from me to Harvey and back again.

"Got it." I say.

Just then, my phone starts to ring. I take it out of my pocket and see the caller ID.

How's this gonna go then?

"Hello?" I hear my brother, Rowans voice, from the other end of the phone.