34. "𝙸'𝚖 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚟𝚜."

I wake up to my phone ringing somewhere in the room. I shoot up from the bed, covering my torso with the covers. I rub my eyes awake and look around the room. Harvey was stirring next to me and the sight of our clothes strewn across the floor makes my mind flicker back to last night.

I then get snapped out of my thoughts when the next chime of my ringtone resonates from the floor. I crawl out from under the covers, trying to find a jumper to slip over my body, and fumble through our clothes for my phone. I manage to grab the jumper Harvey was wearing yesterday and pull it over my head.

Once I had found my phone, I look at the screen and instantly answer the call before crawling back into bed and under the duvet.

"Hey! Are you ok?" Alex asks me down the phone, "You called me yesterday and I'm sorry I didn't answer, I was out. I tried to call you back but-"

"No Alex, it's fine now. I need to talk to you about it though but now isn't really a good time." I say only above a whisper so I wouldn't wake Harvey.

Unfortunately, when I looked around to make sure he was still peacefully asleep, he was already rubbing his eyes awake.

"Anyways, why are you calling me so early in the morning anyways?" I ask, pulling the covers further up my body.

"I was just worried, that's all. Plus, I know you're at Harvey's. Max messaged me yesterday, complaining about how he'd been kicked out of the house so you two could-"

"You called me to annoy me then?" I kept my voice monotone as I spoke.

"Maybe." Alex hums, proud of herself.

"Right," I say as Harvey's arms wrap around my waist, "Well I'll tell you why I'm at Harvey's later on. I'm going back to bed."

"Fine. I'll speak to you later." Alex says before I hang up the phone.

"Alex?" Harvey grumbles from beside me, his voice muffled by the pillow.

"Obviously." I chuckle.

I shuffle down so I'm lying next to him.

"Is that my jumper?" Harvey asks.

"You want it back? Just so you know, I'm not just gonna hand it over. You might have to fight me for it." I smirk.

"Well, I might just do that."

Harvey props himself up onto his forearms and grabs the edges of his hoodie, putting his hand underneath it. His hands trace my skin so carefully, like I was some delicate artefact that he had been told to be extra careful with. His face nears mine and my breathing starts to speed up the closer he comes to my face.

Harvey is basically lying on top of me now, his bare chest pressed against the hoodie that I wore over my torso. His lips brushed over mine ever so delicately as he took his hand out from under the hoodie, placing it upon my cheek instead.

"I love you." Harvey mutters as he stares into my eyes.

It takes me a couple moments for what he had said to process in my brain. No one had ever said that to me before in the way that he meant it.

"A-are you serious?" I ask, suddenly taken out of the lustful moment and becoming filled with anxiety.

To be honest, I had never been in a serious relationship with anyone else like I had with Harvey. Sure it had only been just over a week of us properly dating, although we had been hanging out a bit longer, but he was confessing his love to me. Did I have to say it back? Honestly, I wasn't quite sure how I felt yet. I'd never felt love before.

"Skye," Harvey mumbles as he stares into my eyes, catching my submerged in my own thoughts, "Of course I'm serious. You don't have to say it back, I just thought you should know."