Chapter 1

Y/N POV

Focus Y/N, you can do this.

Beep

As the whistle blew, the first half kicked off. Currently I am playing with the Liverpool first team squad in the FA cup fixture against Aston Villa. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for me as not many youth academy players from Liverpool get's to play for the first team. This is the Premier League Champions side I am playing for right now and their manager Jurgen Klopp is a very demanding manager. 

For this game, I am deployed as a shadow striker instead of my regular position of central attacking midfielder. This just adds more pressure to myself as I am completely out of my comfort zone. Playing for the reigning Premier League Champions in an out of position role. 

Whilst I was still trying to calm my nerves down, Curtis Jones passed the ball to me. Once I got the ball, I started to drive forwards. I am still very nervous and accidentally lost possession. Which straight after I heard shouting.

Jordan Henderson: Y/N lad, calm down. That was a cheap piece of play to give it away and I know you could do better.

For the first 15 minutes, I was very very nervous and unsettled. I kept losing possession when I tried to drive the ball forwards and have only completed all the simple passes. This was not myself. Usually I'm the type of player who creates big chances for the striker and always get into the box to convert the chances. I need to find my feet and settle into this game quickly.

Third Person POV

Pepjin Lijnders: Boss, are you sure we want to continue playing Y/N. I know he's very good and has loads of potential, but he doesn't look like he's settling into the match very well. He's costing us possession.

Jurgen Klopp: It's fine, this kid will prove everyone wrong.

Whilst attacking, Neco Williams went down after a tackle from Callum Rowe. He looks like he needed treatment. The club physio ran onto the pitch to give Neco some treatment. Which Jurgen Klopp saw this chance to talk to his players. 

Jurgen Klopp: Y/N over here. I know you are really nervous given that you don't have any big game experience. Hence I want you to treat this game like it's an U23 game. Aston Villa are fielding their U23 squad so you should have no problem in handling them. Play your game and you will do well. Forget about your professional debut and all that stuff. There is no pressure on you today (pats on the back).

Y/N POV

As the game restarted, and the talk with the gaffer was completed. I immediately went on with the game. Playing like I would play in the reserve league. Starting to get into the tempo of the game, doing long balls towards the wing for Salah and Mane to chase after. Finally settling into the game, I saw a break in the Aston Villa defence, Hendo must have spotted me running through the gap between the Villa defenders cause he decided to do a long ball forwards right from the back. I controlled the ball nicely, and I was through on goal. Facing the goalkeeper, I decided to go for a placement passing the ball to the right side of goalkeeper Akos Onodi, the goalkeeper was left with no chance of saving it, everyone was expecting a goal.

Dink

The ball hit the post. I was gutted, the first chance of the game for me and the first chance to prove to everyone that I am capable of playing for the first team. I ruined it by trying to be a bit too smart on where I wanted to place the ball. I held my head in disappointment not knowing what is going on around the match at that moment. That miss kept playing in my mind.

Jordan Henderson: Good lad, come on pick your head up. The games still playing.

I continued playing, redoing what I did to create that chance. Making space for the wingers Salah and Mane to be through on goal. The defenders must have known what I was going to play at because they have decided to mark me a lot tighter than before. Which means during the whole first half, I did not have another chance to be through on goal.

Beep

There it is halftime. Not even a shot on target. This is not my game, I need to up my game in the second half if I want to prove that I am worthy of playing in the first team. We are all in the dressing room listening to what the manager had to say about the first half. If I'm honest, I don't think he is impressed with the current scores. It is 0-0 and given we have most of our first team players and playing against Aston Villa U23, we need to do better. 

Beep

As the second half kicked off, I played the game of my life. I played like my performance in this half decides my future with Liverpool. I decided to try and use my pace to get in behind the Villa defenders to see if I could get lucky.

Aston Villa are playing a very high line so I was just standing off the edge of the Villa defenders trying to beat the offside trap. Curtis Jones played a through ball to me and luck was on my side, I quickly ran through the defenders and once again I saw myself through on goal. This time, the goalkeeper rushed off his line to try and close me down and with some flair and smartness I decided to chip it over the goalkeeper. Caught in no mans land, the goalkeeper and myself just watched the ball roll into the net and I couldn't believe what I done. I scored on my debut for the first team, my professional debut and a goal. Whilst I was still processing what I just did, my teammates quickly gathered around me and celebrated before I had the chance to celebrate.

Jordan Henderson: Y/N good lad, keep it up.

Stadium Announcer: Goal for Liverpool, number 75, Y/N L/N.

The rest of the game went on very smoothly. After scoring, I managed to gather a lot of confidence and played better. Settling into the tempo of the game very well playing my usual role of being a trequartista, assisting Salah and Mane who are up top. We end up winning the game 4-1. 

Heading back to the dressing room with very high spirits, the gaffer was already in there waiting to give us a team talk.

Jurgen Klopp: Well done lads, that was a good win for us. We need to carry this momentum into the next game. Also, well done to our debutant Y/N. Give him a round of applause.

After finishing the team talk, we all regrouped on the team bus prepared to head back to Liverpool. On the way back I decided to sit with my good mate from the U23 squad Sepp Van Den Berg who like myself still can't believe I scored a goal on my first team debut.

Third Person POV

Jurgen Klopp: I told you I made the correct decision of starting Y/N.

Pepjin Lijnders: So what's next for the youngster. Do you want to promote him into the first team permanently?

Jurgen Klopp: I don't know I need to discuss with the U23 manager first, we have too many midfielders. Perhaps a loan would benefit him.

So the first chapter is done for this new book. Tell me if you liked this idea and if you haven't go check out my other book.

https://www.wattpad.com/story/259374272-a-race-to-my-heart-sana-x-reader

Please vote for this book and comment on what you thought about this book.

Don't worry guys I will still update my other book. I will try and move from updating book to book but don't expect quick updates as I am quite busy.