Chapter 24

Y/N POV

It really made me feel better now that I have opened up to my family a little bit. Now that I have somebody to talk to, my mom and dad made me feel better about the break up. It has been a month since I had that session with Doctor Lee Richardson. With me being more open with my family about my life, I have been able to live more positively and started to enjoy my football over here in Liverpool.

Ever since I started to enjoy my football here, I have managed to play better and worked hard in training. Like Jurgen Klopp said, I was the rising star in the team. Now that I have managed to compose myself and fit into the team and started to put effort to fight for my career, I have been rewarded a lot of starts in the Premier League games over the past month. 

All the papers, media and pundits have been praising my performances. I have strong in the Liverpool midfield with Jordan Henderson and Fabinho. It wasn't easy at first adapting to the formation and playing style of Liverpool, but once I managed to adapt, I was putting in big shifts and assists with killer passes that cut through the opponent defence. I wasn't only attracting the media and pundits but also attracting attention from the national team. 

Today was the day where England announce their 23 man squad for the upcoming World Cup qualifiers. The squad will be announced at lunchtime and there was training this morning. I really looked forward to training nowadays meeting my teammates as I have bonded with my midfield partner Jordan Henderson. Also, I really enjoyed James Milner and Andy Robertson's humour during training. 

Jurgen Klopp: Ok lads, we won't be doing anything intense training today as many of you are heading to your national teams in a few days for the international break. The last I want isn to get complaints from managers saying that their players are injured. 

Training was very chilled today, we just did some passing drills like monkey in the middle. Most of the players were gossiping about who will be called up to their respective national team and I heard my name mentioned a few times. James Milner was joking how he would be in the England team just to make tea and iron the kits for the players which was funny. 

After training, we all got changed and took a shower. It was lunchtime meaning that it was time where Gareth Southgate name his upcoming squad. All the English players gathered around James Milner's tablet to watch the Sky Sport show revealing the squad. I was not interested anyways as I don't think I will be called up. I mean there are many more better players in my position in the England team. Mason Mount, Jack Grealish and Phil Foden are just a few of those names. There was no way I will be called up, not in a million years. So I packed my things and got readied to leave until someone called me.

Trent Alexander Arnold: Yo Y/N are you leaving? Do you not want to know who gets called up into the team?

Y/N: Nah mate, I'm good. I've got to get home for lunch.

Joe Gomez: Y/N, come and look at this you actually got called up.

WHAT? Did Joe Gomez just say I just got called up? This better not be a prank, I need to take a look at this myself. I walked over to the group and looked at the squad list.

 I walked over to the group and looked at the squad list

WAIT, I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS. I WAS ACTUALLY CALLED UP TO THE ENGLAND NATIONAL TEAM. At that moment, I started jumping around in joy. My hard word has finally payed off. Staying at Liverpool was really worth it, I have earned my first ever call up to the England National Team. This was really special. My teammates started to congratulate me for my first call up. I am heading to Wembley to face Albania and Hungary. 

When I got home, I shared the news to my parents and they were all so proud of me. I have finally achieved one of my childhood dreams which is to be called up to the England National Team. I received a text from the PR manager of the Three Lions telling me what to do upon arrival at the St. George's Park tomorrow. That night, I can't sleep because of the excitement and joy I had in my brain. It was a special moment for me and I decided to cope with it by packing my bags for the arrival tomorrow.

The Next Day

I was picked up by a car parked outside my house in the morning to take me to St. George's Park. As I arrived, there were cameras filming everywhere. I was really nervous as I don't know what to expect and why the cameras are there. I got out of the car and took my luggages and headed into the lounge area where I met the manager Gareth Southgate.

 I got out of the car and took my luggages and headed into the lounge area where I met the manager Gareth Southgate

Gareth Southgate: Hi Y/N, welcome it's your first time here. Congratulations for the call up.

Y/N: Hi gaffer, the pleasure is mine. Thank you very much for believing in me and picking me into the squad. 

This was really special to me. As I wandered around the facility, it was like a dream come true. The last time I was here in this centre was when I was representing the England U15. It has been a while since I have last been here but this time it was different. I wasn't here because of some youth tournament and training sessions, I was here because I have been called up to England's first team. With players like Harry Kane and Raheem Sterling. 

After getting a quick glance of the facility, I went to my room and unpack. I was assigned to room with goalkeeper Dean Henderson for this international break. There was so much to learn in the upcoming week and I can't wait to get this international break started.

So Y/N has just been called up to the National Team. I didn't really planned this chapter but I only added this into the story because IT'S COMING HOME. 

Just bare with me for a few more chapters. I know the past chapters have been only focusing on Y/N and his footballing life, but it will make sense as the book goes on. So please keep reading and voting this book. Thank you very much for all your previous support and please continue to support this book.

Also I have released a new book. The sequel of A Race To My Heart. A Race For My Family Name is finally out, so if you are a fan of A Race To My Heart do go check that out.

 A Race For My Family Name is finally out, so if you are a fan of A Race To My Heart do go check that out