Chapter 9

Y/N POV

It's been a week since my encounter with Twice and I still haven't contacted Tzuyu. I haven't met any of the Twice member ever since then. I have been focusing on my pre season training with the team ever since I arrived.

Today is the final training session of pre-season, this weekend will be the start of the K.LEAGUE Season. I need to give my full focus in order to start the season on a high. I arrived at the training ground and realised many people have arrived already. Almost immediately, Han Chan Hee came over to me.

Han Chan Hee: Hey Y/N.

Y/N: What's up mate.

Han Chan Hee: I was thinking could we stay behind after training so you could teach me your way of making an accurate long pass.

Y/N: Sure no problem.

Han Chan Hee: Thanks mate, I wanted to learn it before the start of the new season so I could be my best at the very start.

Very soon, the manager entered the training ground signalling the start of training. We all gathered round enthusiastically looking forward to the final training session before the start of this K.LEAGUE season.

Park Jin Sub: Ok boys, this is the final training session before we face Jeonbuk. So we need to train well. I will be monitoring all of you individually so I can work out the starting lineup for the game. I want you all to be at your best at the start of the season.

Time skip to after training

Park Jin Sub: Alright boys, well done. I've already had a vague idea of who will be starting in the game against Jeonbuk. As this is an away game, we will meet here tomorrow at 8am and travel for Jeonju as a team. 

Finally, training is over, I can go home and have a rest. This training session was extra tiring because the manager wanted us to get into the match spirit. However, as I was leaving the training ground, Han Chan Hee stopped me.

Han Chan Hee: Y/N, did you forget we are having extra practice?

Y/N: Yeah sorry mate haha. Let's get started shall we.

Crap, I nearly forgot I promised him to stay behind in training so we could practice some long passes. Great, I guess I will not be having a rest then.

Y/N: Right so why don't you show me how you normally put out a long pass.

I analysed his technique, it was pretty different to what we are used to doing in Europe. He uses his inner food which is why the ball goes very high and loopy. When I was training in Liverpool, we were taught to not to use that technique and instead put your foot underneath the ball to create less curve. I guess that was why he was struggling to put good long balls.

Y/N: Well your accuracy is really good, it's just the technique. In Europe, we were taught to not put that much curve into our long passes. So why don't you try striking the underside of the ball.  That will put less curve so it won't be that loopy.

I tried doing it to show him how it's done. A few attempts later, he actually did very well. It wasn't the most accurate but at least he got the technique correct. I admit it was a really difficult technique to get right, it took me a few months to be able to it accurately.

Han Chan Hee: Have I got it now?

Y/N: Yeah you just need to practice some accuracy but you got the technique right.

Han Chan Hee: I guess we should call it a day here? It's getting late.

Y/N: Yeah I think so too.