Ruins

TW: potentially distressing themes

You turn to Yaz as the doors shut behind them, noticing the screen is still on and giving you a live recording of what is happening outside. Together you watch the three women stand with The Doctor in the middle as they face the daleks.

Now that you thought about it, you could vaguely recognise them. A couple of times they have featured in past projections of the Time Lord's home planet Gallifrey, and each time they had been lethal and merciless. You hated seeing your Tardis family alone out there, looking so defenceless. You didn't care how indestructible Time Ladies seemed, they weren't immortal, much as Missy pretended she was, although that was mostly to reassure you. In fact, almost everything she did was for you. She should really give herself more credit.

"Doctor?" One croaks, drawing your attention back to the screen. The blonde eyes it warily and scowls coldly.

"What is it this time, because I'm not messing around. I will not hesitate to kill you and every other of you filthy excuses for life forms if I have to"

You've never heard her threaten like that before, not even giving them a chance to back down. This sounded like the outcome was already decided for her.

"The Doctor is not armed"

"Never"

"Well, you may not be" says Missy sarcastically, hatred obvious in her voice. She would love the chance to kill freely. It should make you more upset, but these Daleks were bad news.

"We will not let you do harm" hisses Jenny, sounding almost as loathed as her mother.

"The Doctor will suspend the continuum for the age of the Daleks"

"Will she now?" The Doctor responds calmly.

"You will obey!"

"Kinky" says Missy and you almost smile.

"The Doctor will suspend the continuum or we will destroy The Tardis!"

They all freeze as do you. What had Missy said? The doors were just wood. You didn't doubt they would, so you needed to escape.

"The Tardis is worthless to anyone but me" tries The Doctor. If you can hear the anxiety in her voice, chances are they can too. You know she isn't going to risk yours or Yaz's lives, but that would mean a compromise on her behalf. You had an idea.

"Yaz, we need to move, I think I know how if we can just- Yaz?" You stop, noticing she hasn't moved yet. Her face was... frozen. "Yaz?" You say carefully taking a step towards her.

"I'm sorry (Y/n), I think it's too late" She whispers and you feel your stomach drop. Her hands are clasped over her abdomen and her eyes are watering. But that's not the only thing. Her soft maternity joggers... they were soaking wet.

"Oh" you say, shocked. Her waters had broken. The baby was coming.

"I don't, I'm sorry- I just" she trembles and you close the distance, wrapping you arms around her and pulling her towards the door.

"It's ok, it's all going to be ok." You chant blankly. "I'm sorry Yaz but we need to leave, if they try to destroy The Tardis I think they'll manage it, I'll keep you safe. Both of you" you hurry and she nods shakily.

You were very aware of the fleet of Daleks plus the three women standing just feet outside the door but you had an plan. It wasn't a great plan you admit but it was all you had.

You crack open the door and hear their voices float across. It seemed to be getting heated. You find the first Dalek mind and push an image of the Tardis doors as they are now, shut. Slowly you replicate this single image to all the cold alien minds you can reach, so that when you do step out the box with a stifled Yaz they are none the wiser.

You pull her down the first corridor you see, supporting a lot of her weight as she walks with a scrunched up face until you find an empty room, metal interior with the same round bobbles you've seen on the body of the Daleks. You go to place her down as she topples gratefully, breathing though her mouth with her eyes closed.

Suddenly you are very scared. You needed The Doctor here but she was beyond busy.

"(Y/n) I'm scared" whimpers Yaz as you kneel down beside her and rub her back. She breathes loudly and you swallow your fears.

"It's going to be alright, I know how to do this. I just need you to breathe for me and time the contractions" you start and she nods. She lays back and you stroke her face as grips her thighs in pain. She makes a noise and you look around, worried she may have alerted someone but no one comes.

"I want... I need- The Doctor" she gasps and you look fretfully.

"I can't leave you" you say urgently and she shakes her head.

"Call... in... head" she says and you nod, unable to deny her trying. There were far too many minds around but you had to give it a go.

"Doctor?" You start. No response.

"Please, Doctor its Yaz" you plea into the void but she is nowhere to be found.

As a last resort you take Yaz's hand and feel her pain and distress. It makes you want to cry. You hurl this with all your strength and feel a slight warmth at the edges.

"I'm on my way"