To

You feel the ship shaking under your feet and cannot tell if it is the engines or something more sinister. At that moment Yaz cries out and you kneel back beside her as tears run down her face.

"She's on her way Yaz, she's coming" you reassure her desperately as she sobs, squeezing your hand uncomfortably. Not that you can complain.

"It hurts" She groans and you hush her, rubbing circles in her abdomen to relieve some of the pressure. It seems to help marginally but she is pale and sweating now. This ship lurches and you fall forwards, protecting Yaz with your arms as you both slide a little. You were heartily sick of turbulent ships by now.

"The supreme dalek must be protected!" You hear ringing from outside and feel your blood run cold. You don't even attempt to quieten Yaz, she is clearly preoccupied as of right now. You get to your feet, ignoring her protests as you search for a weapon- but there is nothing. Two come round the corner and Yaz gasps as you use the only weapon available to you.

Crucially, you insert a picture into their distorted brains of you concealing a weapon that will destroy them the second they move. Both stop, eyestalks twitching as you hold them there.

"The intruders have been located" one says and you curse under your breath.

"I swear, first one to move I will blast into a thousand pieces then make a new set of pots and pans from the steel" you growl as they survey you.

"Spoken like a true girlfriend of mine! Well done love but we'll take it from here" comes a voice that sends liquid relief through your veins. "Now duck" Missy adds and you do so as both her and Jenny blast a Dalek each. You turn to face them and see Missy enjoying this a great deal.

"Yaz!" You call back past them and you see The Doctor has pulled the girl into her arms and is getting unsteadily to her feet. Yaz has her face scrunched in pain, tears rolling down her face. The blonde looks pale and terrified, but controlling it for Yaz.

"It's ok babe, we're going to get you out of here, just breathe with me" she starts, carrying her girlfriend back out the corridor.

"Gun" you demand fiercely and Jenny throws you hers which you catch with one hand. You don't care how much they may beg for mercy, they were going down.

"Now. Where are the rest of these tin cans?" you mutter and Missy raises her brows at you.

"This way, Jen go ahead" says Missy and Jenny disappears after them. The ship lurches again but you are ready, barely needing the extra support from Missy.

"Alright Love?" She asks and you nod, cocking your gun.

Together you catch up with the others, blasting any Dalek that dares come near you. You liked to think you were a throughly non violent person, but you knew the role they had played in the time war and weren't about to forgive that easily. You and Missy protect the others right up to the door that you all fall through, you slamming the doors as Missy throws her gun over her shoulder on a strap and begins piloting, The Doctor and Jenny helping with Yaz.

"Where to!?"

"New New York hospital!" answers Jenny. The couple were beyond speaking, so wound up and frightened from that encounter. You still didn't really know what had happened, but assumed they had blown up the Dalek fleet. It didn't concern you any more, your priority was Yaz.

You land promisingly smoothly and both Missy and Jenny carry Yaz out the door as The Doctor runs ahead to get a medical professional. You doubted whether she would leave her girlfriend alone at all for the next however long. And that was perfect for them. You knew Yaz was in good hands now and pull out your inhaler, having been previously ignoring your demanding lungs. You help them pick up and lean against a pillar, alone in The Tardis for the first time in... ever.

You were alone, unsupervised.

It was a time machine. Hypothetically you could go and be gone before anyone even noticed... which was ridiculous because you couldn't even fly her.

Unless... unless she showed you.

It had worked before. The doors were shut, all you would have to do would be to ask, which was a stupid idea, and yet...

"Hey girl..." you start and she lights up. Perhaps she always knew what you would choose.

"Show me the stars" you whisper, placing your hand on the dash and interpreting her instructions, flicking switches and clicking buttons until all is left is the main lever.

"To fly it not to fly" you say into the calm before the storm. It's not even a question.

"To fly"