4

Alicia's POV

My sisters and I got formally dressed when it was an hour before landing. My lilac dress reached halfway down my thigh. I was applying my makeup when Nic entered and sat on the bed. I gave her a smile through the mirror as I finished applying my lipstick.

"So what should I do while you guys have your meeting?"

"Umm... you can either stay in the hotel or explore the city a little. The meeting is at 9 and we should probably finish up around 1pm." I touched up my highlight a little. "I can arrange a guide for you."

"That's okay. I'll probs just walk around and eat some of the yummy food." She fell onto her back.

"Oh, that reminds me. Here." I handed her my black card. "Trust me, you'll need it." I didn't wait for a reply as I shoved it into her hands. "Feel free to go crazy." I smacked my lips together and fixed my hair to my liking.

"Don't worry, I'll keep the tab really, really low." I spun around to see her awkwardly holding my card.

"Hey, I'm serious. I want you to enjoy your time here. It's technically business travel, but we are staying here for a couple of days to build business relations or as my sisters and I like to call it... site seeing. Though, we are all obligated to go to Disneyland since Gemzi is obsessed with visiting every park in the world." I took her hand. "Now, let's find our seats so we don't get killed when they land the plane." We walked to our seats and sat down.

My sisters and I were getting the files in order for our respective meetings. We will all be going to different companies to sit on the board meetings. The company I'm visiting is the top biotechnology company in Hong Kong. My dad only trusts me to make the final decisions on how the products should progress. Tamsin was stuck with a smaller, but important company. The twins were each to go to a software company.

The plane safely landed and we each walked down the stairs. Five cars awaited us since we were all going in different directions and had meetings at the same time. I took Lala's hand and guided her to one of the cars.

"開車送她去酒店." (Take her to the hotel) Lala looked like I had grown two heads. "Don't worry, they speak English here as well, but I like to brush up on my mandarin before entering the boardroom." I kissed her before ushering her inside.

I walked to my lone car since my sisters had already left. I greeted the driver and went to sit in the back of the Range Rover. Tamsin must've placed my files inside since the folder was on the seat next to me. I picked it up and briefly scanned the main points.

So it seems like the company wants to make a biosimilar version of the biologic. By doing that, they can have two products and make double the money since one would be cheaper. But, it also looks like they'll be screwing over people who don't have insurance since they will not be qualified for the cheaper biosimilar and will be forced to pay for the biologic. Just another way to rip off poor people I guess.

I was so caught up in looking for cute date ideas to do in Hong Kong, that I didn't realize I had arrived until my door was opened. I thanked the driver and made my way inside. The assistant to the big guy was already waiting for me. I didn't stop so she fell into stride with me while briefly explaining the purpose of the meeting.

We entered the glass elevator and began ascending. I took a moment to gaze out the window and view the skyscraper skyline. The elevator stopped once we reached the 69th floor. Seems like someone has a kink. The assistant (I didn't bother learning her name) led me inside a room filled with geriatric men (okay, so they maybe in their 50s but they're still like hella old). They politely bowed to which I mimicked.