15

Nicola's POV

I turned around to be met with piercing blue eyes. Her short blond hair was styled to the side. Her ruby red lips smirked, knowing that I was checking her out. The woman looked in her late teens.

"Uh ya, it's exquisite. Umm... you said that you were able to acquire it?" I glanced at Ali who was shooting daggers at the woman. What was she pissed about? Oh, please don't have it be about how I was checking her out.

"Yes, I've never seen you here before. Normally, it's Astrid or Yasmine with this one." She jerked her head at Ali, whose jaw was rigidly clamped shut. "Who might you be?" She gave me a charming smile.

"Sorry, that was rude. I'm Nicola." I shook her hand.

"Francesca, but my friends call me Skye." I froze at that. "It was a childhood nickname given to me by someone from my past." She looked directly at Ali. "Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy the event." She gave one last smile before departing.

I glanced at Ali who was observing her every move. The Skye girl glanced back and puckered her lips in a mocking manner at Ali. Ali glanced at my confused features. She was about to say something, but the twins saddled up to our sides.

"We're gonna watch the Grand Prix tomorrow!" Gemma excitedly announced.

"What? I don't think we're staying for that long." Ali was confused.

"We weren't, but Skye invited us and we can't refuse the princess. Mom would have a cow." Zara sipped her champagne.

"Wait, she's a princess?" I looked at them in awe.

"Princess of Monaco. In other words, her father is the one hosting the event." Zara shrugged like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

I looked at Ali who appeared to be pissed off. If anyone should be pissed, it should be me! Who was that girl? I remember Astrid let something slip about Ali loving Skye. Was that the same Skye girl? Well, obviously it was if Ali's reaction is anything to go by. But, why did she bring me to her ex's event?

X

We were currently seated in the chairs beside the Casino, or the Granstand seats. Ryder and Chico were going crazy at the cars speeding past us. Of course Ryder would be excited, he does participate in formula 1 racing after all. I glanced to my left to see Ali deep in thought.

Last night was weird. After talking with Skye, we only stayed for a half hour. When we got to the hotel, Ali had shed her outfit and climbed into the shower. I was waiting until she finished to question her behavior, but she ignored me and went to the bed. I followed her, but she turned off the light and rolled onto her side. I just sighed because I knew it'd be futile to question her when she wasn't in the mood.

"Look, that's Leonardo DiCaorio!" Gemma pointed him out to me. "Want to go say hi?" I smiled, but shook my head at her.

I wasn't in the right headspace to meet a celeb. Ali spared me a glance. Her eyebrow shot up in confusion as to why I had declined being introduced to one of my favorite actors. I acted like I hadn't seen her and kept my eyes straight forward. Somewhere along the lines of me ignoring her, Ali had excused herself and left.

"How long do they drive around the circuit? It's been over an hour." I perked up at the unusual Dutch accent.

I turned to see Tamsin explaining the rules of the race to Laurens. Huh, I never knew he was Dutch. Then again, he never really spoke, so I didn't know he had an accent. I always just assumed he was American.

"What's got you so glum?" I turned my attention to see Skye. "Many people fantasize about attending the Monaco Grand Prix and here you are... sulking." She let out a humorous laugh as she sat next to me.