27

Nicola's POV

I was so happy when Ali was at school on Monday. I ran to her and gave her a tight hug. She chuckled and kissed my head. She released her hold, but I refused to let go. She laughed as she continued hugging me, occasionally swaying from side to side.

"Someone missed me." She said in a teasing tone.

"Duh! You were gone the whole weekend and I was so worried! How was it? Did they hurt you?"

"No, precious one. I didn't even last a day." I looked at her in confusion. "I kind of went off on the people and then left. My dad was waiting since he knew we wouldn't last long. He then took us to look at some caves. I couldn't contact you since I left my phone at home." She gave me sympathetic eyes.

"That's alright. I spent the weekend catching up with my friends in NC and entertaining your sister." She raised a brow at that. "Zara was bored since she was basically under house arrest and couldn't see anyone if it wasn't school related."

"Hmm... she really has taken a liking to you." I gave her a look. "I'm serious! She wouldn't allow just anyone into her room. Gemma would, but not Z."

"Did you two make up yet?" She nodded at my question. "Finally! I couldn't take anymore of Zara complaining about how much she missed you." Ali chuckled.

The bell rang so we had to go to our classes. I was in much higher spirits knowing that she was back. Ali texted to ask me to come over after school. She bought me a souvenir and wanted to give it to me. She also wanted to spend time with me since she was robbed the weekend.

X

Ali took my hand and led me to her room. She went to her dresser to pick up a little bear wearing a Seneca Cavern shirt. I giggled and hugged it. She started to explain how her father had to pay for damaged property since Gemma had accidentally broken a piece of rock. She couldn't finish since Tamsin entered the room and demanded we convene in the living room. She, unfortunately, wouldn't leave, so we went downstairs.

Zara was sitting in Ryder's lap while Chico was giving Gemma a piggy back ride. Laurens was relaxing in a chair while drinking some scotch. Ali and I sat on the couch while Tamsin began speaking.

"I have decided for us to do some bonding activities." Tamsin clasped her hands like she said the best idea ever. "We'll be spending the evening doing stuff together and then this weekend each couple will come up with an activity." She beamed.

"So you're hijacking our weekend." Ali stated.

"Seems like that." Zara agreed with her.

"Shut up! I'm going out of my way to be inclusive!" She looked at Ryder and me. "So be grateful!" She glared at her sisters. "We will first be doing the 'Things that remind me of you' challenge. So we will be going to the mall to buy the items." Tamsin grabbed some keys.

"Does Nicola even have money to buy stuff?" Ali shot Zara a glare. "What? I was just innocently asking." A smug smirk appeared on Zara's face.

"It's fine. You'll just use one of my cards." Tamsin rummaged through her purse and pulled out a gold, black, red, and blue card. "Which one?"

"I c-can't just-"

"Just take one." She shoved me the blue card. "Now, let's go because we aren't wasting anymore time!" She forced us into a Porsche SUV.

The twins, Ali, and I had to squish in the middle seats since the car was a 7 seater and there were 8 of us. Tamsin drove us to the mall and told us there wasn't a price point, but we had an hour to find everything. Because we would be buying stuff for our partners, we couldn't shop with them.