8

Alicia's POV

School was incredibly boring as usual, but that's to be expected. The only saving grace was seeing Lala's angelic face throughout the day. I always enjoyed our little math side convos as well as walking her to the lunch room. We'd part ways and I'd sit with my friends while she would sit with hers.

Astrid and I were chilling on my bed when we heard Gemma frantically running around the house. She kept screaming that she was going to be late to Chico's match and he wouldn't be able to focus if she wasn't there. According to her, he claimed that she was his good luck charm. More like he always wanted to impress her, so he always played extraordinarily well when she was in attendance.

Astrid and I looked at each other and debated if we should watch the game. The thought disappeared when Tamsin barged into my room along with her posse.

"Don't worry, the Queen is here." She started picking random stuff up like she owned the place. I rolled my eyes while Astrid giggled. "You should be honored that I'm gracing you with my presence, Alicia." She admonished me. "At least Astrid is aware of my importance."

"First of all, out." I pointed to my door. Her friends got the hint and exited my room. "Now, why have you disturbed my peace and tranquillity?"

"There's a gala that we are attending tomorrow. Mom wanted me to tell everyone. I tried telling Gemma, but I doubt she heard me since she's running around like a chicken with its head cut off because she's fretting over Francisco's match!" She let that all out in one breath. "I'm calm. I'm calm. Oooooooooom."

I just looked at Astrid who was equally confused. Tamsin stood for a solid 5 minutes humming and attempting to meditate. She does realize she has her own room?

"Gotcha. I'll invite Nic to it." Big mistake on my end.

"What?!?! Why are you inviting her?!"

"Because we're dating and I want her to be my date. Tamsin, you are aware that we're dating right?" I sarcastically asked.

"Unfortunately, you make that painfully clear every time you stick your tongue down her throat!" She snapped. "You can't bring her! She's too uncultured to attend!"

"Who's too uncultured to attend?" Zara entered my room. "Also, you are aware your minions are waiting outside? They look completely lost as to what to do since their evil leader isn't bossing them around." Zara smirked and leaned against my wall.

"It's not my fault they follow my commands!"

"Yeah, it's because you scare them into compliance." Zara moved to sit next to Astrid.

"Anyways, Nicola." Zara looked confused, so Tamsin expanded. "We have the gala tomorrow night where we are hosting several investors. And Alicia, over there, wants to invite Nicola as her date."

"And I'm inviting Ryder, what's the big deal?"

"W-what's the big- are you serious?! We have serious investors and you want to invite her?! We cannot jeopardize potential deals because Nicola doesn't understand proper etiquette! Does she know the difference between a preferred and common stock? Or the elements of a contract? Or-"

"Jeez, drone bitch. You're boring us with your voice!" Zara flopped onto her back and groaned. "How do you expect her to learn if she's never around it?"

"This is not a practice event! We can't afford for a potential client to strike up a conversation with her and then she responds like a gaping fish!"

"Tamsin, please shut up." I kept my eyes focused on my textbook. "Take a chill pill. I'm inviting her, end of story. Now, show your way out." I pointed to my door.

I heard a scoff and angry footsteps retreating. I rolled my eyes causing Astrid to laugh. She always found my interactions with my sisters to be hysterical. Zara took her phone out from her back pocket and began scrolling through it. We were quietly doing our own thing until a high pitched screech resounded throughout the house.

We quickly scrambled up and ran in the direction of the noise. Tamsin and her friends must've also heard it since all of us barged into the twins' shared room. Gemma was on the floor crying because she couldn't find the necklace Chico had gifted her. We collectively rolled our eyes before helping her find it. It took us 10 minutes before I spotted the necklace around my sister's neck.

A few hours later, Astrid decided to call it a night and went home. I closed my door and called Nic.

"Hey!" I smiled at her excitement.

"Hey, beautiful. I know it's late, but I wanted to ask if you would attend a party with me tomorrow."

"Party?"

"Yep." I flopped onto my bed. "It's one of those boring fancy schmancy parties. It's called the Hofburg Silvesterball." I exaggeratedly sighed out. "I desperately need your presence to entertain me."

"Just for your entertainment?" I smirked at her suggestive tone. "I think I can keep your focus." I almost moaned from being turned on. I didn't think I'd be having phone sex when I first called, but this is a welcomed surprise.