30

Alicia's POV

"How about this?" Zara placed some files on my dad's desk.

"No, that'll just open up the door for them to ask for a backlog." Gemma answered.

"I'm going to kill that bitch." Tamsin declared.

"Tammi-"

"Nope, she's right dad." He looked at me. "Just let her kill the bitch."

"Why is she doing this?" Gemma inquired. "Like what does she gain?"

"Besides humiliating Ali, I'm not entirely sure... you said she wants your girlfriend, right?" Tamsin asked.

"Seems like a reasonable trade." I turned to Zara in disbelief. "Well, she's actually overvaluing Nicola's worth, so she's basically at a loss in this negotiation-"

"Zara!" My dad and Gemma shushed her.

"I'll keep meeting with lawyers to prepare." My dad concluded the meeting. "You all are dismissed and try not to have this plague your minds."

We all rolled our eyes before walking out the office. It was currently 1pm. There was no point in going to class since we essentially missed the entire day. I went to grab my phone since I've been parted from it for hours. I assume Nic texted to find out where I was.

I was surprised and a little disappointed at not seeing a text from her. I saw a barrage of texts from my friends, so I decided to open our group chat. Yaz and Tridi had been spamming me to notify me of Nicola's date. Date? Since when did she have a date that wasn't me? We weren't poly... were we?

The grip on my phone tightened when I read that Skye had picked her up. I wanted to chuck my phone at Skye's head, but I think I'd have to battle Tamsin over that.

What do you mean she left with Skye? Where are they

Oh, so now you respond

Give her a break, Yazzy. Skye took her on a date I think. She said something about courting her or something

I talked to her friends and they said that Skye claimed u gave her permission to date your girlfriend

Like how stupid is that

Very stupid

I'm going to kill her

Any luck on finding out how to defend your case from her

Got it! Paps have pics of her at a bodega, but that was a couple hours ago. The most recent is at the French restaurant

Where

Menton

They probs already left since that phone was taken like an hour ago

You jst hav to wait srry :(

I was fuming, but thanked my friends for their help. I tried calling and texting Nic, but she didn't answer. I was getting angrier by the minute. How dare she go out with Skye?! She has a girlfriend for God's sake! Is she cheating on me?

I let my insecurities take hold of me. I'm terrified since it wouldn't be the first time she cheated on me. I couldn't handle another heartbreak. I'm not sure if I could physically survive that.

"What's wrong with you?" Zara leaned against the door frame. "It smells like self pity in here... and that's my thing, so cheer up." She walked past me. "Well, are you going to talk about it?" She flopped onto the couch.