| Chapter Two : The King |

My eyes fixated on the guards at the castle's entrance, accessing the area with careful precision so that I could sneak in without getting noticed.

The guard on the right seemed very focused. Cross.

The guard who was letting the maids enter the castle doors was devoted in his work as well. Cross.

A smile pulled on my lips when I noticed the third guard at the left, completely distracted by the sight of the blue-haired siren queen who winked at him as she walked past him towards the entrance. Even as her silhouette disappeared into the castle's interior, he kept staring, smitten by her.

My smile turns into a smirk. I couldn't remember a single person who isn't smitten by Marilla Shellock, the sea queen. Whether it's the unusual blue hair, her porcelian skin or those eyes that changed with the ocean's weather, she had always been a beauty.

And she was also one of the closest person to the king. A possible target for me in future.

It made sense, actually. Why they are friends, I mean. They're both lethal when it comes to ruling their kingdoms. They'd make a perfect match.

I ignore the strange pang of jealousy at the idea of them together.

Reckoning my thoughts aside, I whisk through the dumbfounded guard in my fastest speed and into the castle.

The guard looks around at the whiff of air but soon shakes his head and gets back to work.

I smile. A cunning smile. He had not a clue about my intrusion.

Walking through the large hallways under the shadows where no one could see me, clad in a black hood, black boots and a black mask covering my face save for the eyes, I make my towards the king's bed chambers.

It feels like eternity till I make it there, sly-footing in a snail's pace making sure I don't get caught.

When I reach the wooden door with the raven engraving on it, I halt on my steps.

That's the king's room.

I have analyzed the castle's each nook and cranny enough times to know the location of his chambers.

As per my calculations, now that the sea queen is here, the king is likely to be in the spare drawing room with Marilla and his step-mother Queen Eleanor where they'd talk or do whatever they usually do. They'll definitely be there for a while. And that while is the time in which I'll grab the invite and flee out of here.

I just hope my badluck doesn't shine this time. Believe me when I say it always shines at the worst time.

Slightly pushing open the door without making a single creaking noise, I step into the king's bedchambers.

His whispy scent-an odd combination of black orchids and burnt charcoals-hits my nostrils in full force.

Frowning at strange giddy sensation it creates within me, I pull the black mask on my face higher to cover my nose completely so as to ward off his scent.

Valerian Kingston's room is vast. Terribly vast. It is like a whole ballroom space packed in a single chamber. But then he is the king.