| Chapter Twenty-Four : Theory |

▪︎ Kaitlyn Winchester ▪︎

One month.

It's been one whole month after I left the Raverian castle. One month of my not seeing Valerian. One month of me trying to find out each and everything about myself. One month of Victor teaching me every technique possible to kill Valerian. One month of my torturous stay with Narcissa that was only filled with snide remarks and taunts. One month of planning with Victor, Narcissa and Darwin about when I was intended to strike. Also one month of waking up in the middle of the night feeling someone was looking over me.

It felt so strange to wake up and find no one despite being sure that there indeed was someone. Something about it unnerved me. But there was this feeling in the back of my mind that told me whoever it was didn't mean any harm to me. So I took comfort in it. No matter how irrational it seemed.

The golden light emitting from the large chandelier shone overhead casting it's glow on all the royalties seated below around the circular conference table.

Every month a meeting is held in the castle of Raveria where all the royals from the five kingdoms of Ancientriova meet to discuss the matters of their kingdoms and seek for advices to solve the disputes in their territory. If there's a similar problem in all kingdoms, then Valerian has to step in to look into it.

Since now I'm part of the royalty, I have to bear the torture to sit here alongside my aunt—who I don't like the least bit— and all the other royalties whom I don't want to admit that they have an intimidating aura.

But what bothers me the most is the fidgetyness I feel as Valerian's intoxicating scent of orchids and charcoals wafted around me taking me back to all those moments in this castle a month ago. My skin buzzed with a jittering current as I tried my best to not look at him or not pay too much attention to the way his voice suddenly sounded oh-so-hypnotic. Or every cell in my body ached in desperacy for God know what.

This must be due to the mate bond stupidity.

I glared down at my burnt hand below the table, marking another one of my failed attempt at finding my elemental power.

According to the books I've been reading about the ancient royal lycans, every royal lycan has an elemental power. Which means I either have the power of fire or water maybe?

When I'd failed to move even a drop of water after staring at it like a hawk for straight three hours, I'd begrudgingly accepted that I didn't ding for the water power. So the next day—over-confidently, if I might add—I had plunged my hand into the flaming fire. Which, brings us to my current situation. With a burnt hand and the realisation that I didn't ding for the fire either.

My brute of a lycan refuses to heal me since she's had enough of my experimenting for the last whole month.

'DID YOU JUST CALL ME A BRUTE?!' My lycan hollers but I give her the silent treatment.

'SNOOTY WOMAN.' She grumbles and I prevent myself from smiling satisfyingly at her annoyance.

Serves her right for not healing my hand.

'BITCH.' She mumbles again.

'Shut it, Pretty.' I snap at her in my head.

Pretty is her name. Don't even ask me who named her or who named herself.

'I BETTER FOCUS ON MY MATE. HE'S A BETTER SIGHT. LOOK AT THOSE EYES. I'M GOING TO DIE IN PEACE AFTER LOOKING AT THOSE.' She hummed dreamily making me want to roll my eyes.

Pretty is unmistakably obsessed with Valerian.

'SHUT IT, HUMAN. I JUST SPEAK THE TRUTH. I'M BUT A FRACTION OF YOUR MIND. I SAY EVERYTHING THAT YOUR UNCONSCIOUS MIND WISHES TO SAY. I MEAN WOULDNT YOU WANT TO LOOK AT THOSE EYES WHILE YOURE NAKED UNDER HIM AND HE ENTE-'