| Chapter Sixteen : The Twisted Prophecies |

▪︎ Valerian Kingston ▪︎

The moment I was in the dreary confines of my room, I leaned my back against the hardwood door and slid down to the floor.

Folding my knees upto my face, I shut my eyes as all the memories of how Kaitlyn's body felt against mine when she was straddling me came rushing back.

I remember the way I could feel the warmth of her skin underneath the silk robe when I wound my arm around her waist to flip us over. I remember the way her cheeks flushed when I'd grazed my fingers over her face and the way those wide blue eyes stared at me. And how those delectable lips looked so captivating. . . .

Groaning at the memory which ran through my head like a broken record, I willed myself to think about something else. But the moment the picture of the amulet that shone gold when Kaitlyn wore it flashed into my mind, I regretted it sorely.

My thoughts took me back to Dulcamara's words when I'd asked her to find the owner of the amulet.

***

"This amulet?" Dulcamara's brown eyes accessed the wolf pendant attached to the silver chain before casting her attention to the king, "You do know which family this belongs to, don't you princeling?"

Valerian kept his face stoic as ever as he looked at the witch, "I'm not aware. That's why I've bought it to you."

Ofcourse, he was aware but accepting it would be like accepting one's own ill fate. If there was any assurance he could have then he'd take it as long as Kaitlyn was out of the coast.

The fortune witch though understood his expression like the back of her hand.

Her thin lips pulled into lopsided smirk as she kept down the amulet on her desk and said, "It's the Verakov lycan's family heirloom King Acheros had his councilmen re-make for his daughter. Most probably belongs to the lycan princess if she's still alive. Let me see how this can help you trace her down."

Valerian watched as Dulcamara walked over to one of the many wooden cabinets in her room and pulled out a red potion. She moved back to her previous spot only to pour a single drop of the potion on the amulet over the wolf's golden eyes. The gold gem instantly turned dark maroon.

Dulcamara picked up the chain and held it out towards Valerian, "If the true owner of the amulet wears it, the eyes of the wolf will turn back to golden. Now make a few woman wear the thing and see if it works."

Valerian's eyes narrowed at the woman's words, "Do you expect me to make every walking woman in Ancientriova 'try this out'?"

"Geziore, fine. I'll try to navigate exact location." The ancient witch huffed but as her gaze flickered outside her window, the smirk grew again, "How about you try with that one once?" She pointed to where Kaitlyn stood beside the coachman waiting for the king.

Valerian's blood ran cold. He knew Dulcamara always had an inkling of almost everything that was to happen in future. She was the fortune witch for a reason. Even if she didn't spoke it all out, there were hints in her words only few could catch about what the future behold for them.

Despite the obvious clue he found, he tried to ignore it. Taking a step back towards the exit, he gave Dulcamara one last look,

"You find out who it belongs to and keep Kaitlyn out of it." With those parting words, he walked out of her room then her penthouse outside to where Kaitlyn waited.

* * *

Dulcamara always spoke in riddles and it wasn't just this time. Even when she'd prophecied my death by the hands of the lycan princess six hundred years ago, she had given the hint of a solution. . .