|Chapter Thirty-One : I Hate Gentleman|

Almost two weeks had passed since I'd pledged to tell Valerian everything I knew about Narcissa and her minions plotting against him.

Everytime I told him a new piece of information, Valerian's face always scrunched up as if he wished to cover his ears and run away but with a stern gaze from Eleanor and a glare from me, he shuts up for the better and listens like an obedient child.

It was almost cute the way he behaved and fretted over everything. Manier times, I'd just assure him after the whole discussion about Narcissa's ploy, that nothing would happen to me and he didn't have to worry about my safety.

He'd give me a sullen look and nod along. Sometimes, as if for assurance, he'd pull me into an embrace and just hold me there for minutes straight and I couldn't help but feel the safest I've ever did.

I was getting addicted to him faster than I'd like to admit. There were moments when my mind would go blank as he spoke and all I'd do is stare at his lips moving thinking the unholiest things he could do with those. . . .

"What are you so lost about? Are you fucking Valerian in your head?" Kane whispered, kicking my leg under the table with his.

We were in the middle of another boring meeting in Lycor with the whole royalty in assemblance, a week earlier than the monthly schedule due to my upcoming coronation in two days much to Narcissa's demise.

I'd eavesdropped on Darwin telling her about how their 'leader' wished this. The supposed person who's still a mystery to me wants everything to be done quickly now that they think I'm completely trained and prepared to kill Valerian. And my coronation is the first step to their whole fiasco.

I still didn't know what role I played in this mess. I was going along with everything Victor was instructing me to kill Valerian and at the same time, I was telling Valerian of everything to keep him away from getting killed. I had no idea which side I belonged anymore.

As Kane's words registered into my thick skull through the train of my thoughts, I stomped my heel-clad feet down on his foot making the vampire yelp loudly in pain. The other royalties turned to him, their eyes dancing in question.

Kane passed me a side-ways glare before looking at them, "A scorpion poked my feet."

"Scorpion?" Darwin raised a brow at his younger brother's words, "Next time, try to make better excuses, brother."

Kane rolls his eyes at Darwin who resumes back to talking about the details of my coronation to a sullen-looking Narcissa and the others.

I block my voice from the people around and turn to Kane, "Shouldn't have spoken the words, friend."

The vampire prince fake glares at me before pointing his thumb at Valerian who's engrossed in the talk, "C'mon, look at him. He's a hot specimen. At this point, I'm wondering whether you're a nun. If it were me, I would have jumped his bones the first time I met him. You haven't even kissed him and it's been what? Two months since you met him?"

Oh, did I forget to mention that with my telling the plans and the people included in it—Victor added, at who's revelation had left Valerian shook but he'd understood since he was the very person who drove the man away after Katherine's death in fear of the people going after her father next—Valerian had also revealed about Kane being the spy on Darwin and him knowing almost everything about Valerian and I.

Valerian would have known about the plans eventually through Kane. But with me in the picture, it becomes easier since Darwin doesn't really trust his brother as much to let him know much of the plans and for obvious reasons. They both don't get along well. The only string that's holding Kane back from ending Darwin is Ryrar, his mate, and also Drawin's loyal assistant.