03. Bitter after sweet

Tay's POV

It was already 6AM. 🕕

People at the mansion might gave their standing ovation towards me once they knew Tay Tawan was able to wake up early without anyone tried to waking me up.

Since today was my first day working as a driver, I shouldn't wake up late like what I usually do.

"Good morning sir." I said and 'waii' to the old man who always reminded me about my late grandpa.

"Good morning. Come with me Tay." He said to me, showing his fatherly smiled, once again made me miss my late grandpa.

I nodded and followed him from behind.

"Are you good at cooking?" He asked and I looked at him awkwardly.

Me? Tay Tawan? Cooking? I can't even turn on the stove, so don't ask me if I can cook or not. 🤐

I just smiled awkwardly and scratched the back of my head.

"Actually, my grandson is the one who always help me to prepare the breakfast, but since he is not feeling well, I have to prepare it alone." He said.

His grandson? Must be his another grandson. Definitely not that Newwiee-guy.

"I can't say that I'm good, but I can help you sir. Just tell me what should I do." I said confident.

It's not that difficult, I guess.

Again, people at the mansion might be clapping their hands like a seal for me if they knew I was offering myself to do work at the kitchen.

It was not like I was a spoil rich kid, but I never cook because my mom never let me and the maids will make a fuss even when I touched the frying pan.

"That's good then. We, as a man, should prove that we can adapt ourselves in the kitchen. No one said that man can't cook, right? I believe we can be better than women." He said confident. "Except Newwiee." He chuckled and it suddenly reminded me about last night where he played tricked towards me.

The guest room was much more better and bigger compared to the room where that Newwiee-guy showed me.

"That kid almost burn this house when he try to make braised chicken soup. Even when I ask for his help, he even can't do it properly. We shouldn't let him cook because you will find sesame oil and sesame seeds in every dishes." He said and chuckles again.

"Tay, can you take out the veggies inside the fridge?" He asked and I nodded before I walked to the refrigerator.

There were 2 fridges and I wasn't sure which one I should opened first, but then I opened the fridge that was more closer to my reached.

There was no veggies inside but...

"Oh Tay, not that fridge but the other one

"Oh Tay, not that fridge but the other one." He said and I closed it immediately before opened the other fridge.

"That's all Newwiee's treasures." He said like he understood my confusion.