one

Chloe

I slip my key into the lock of the studio apartment Josh and I live in. The door swings open and I step inside, hanging my heavy winter coat on a rack near the door and kicking off my Uggs. I continue into the kitchen and drop my bag onto the table.

"Hey Chloe!" a voice calls from the living room area. I spin around and see a boy and a girl sitting on the sofa. I recognize the boy as Zack Torres, Josh's partner. Zack is in school to become a director and Josh is becoming a screenwriter so they paired up together at the beginning of the semester, along with their production crew which consists of three people I've never met. The girl sitting next to Zack is a mystery to me.

"Hey Zack," I reply. "And you are?"

The girl almost looks hurt when I don't know who she is, but I don't know how I would. 

"I'm the video editor who cuts all the clips and puts them together and all that fun jazz."

"Your name?" I laugh a little and Zack does too.

"Oh, um, I'm Kamryn," she says. This is Kamryn? This is not what I imagined at all... Her gender was my first wrong assumption.

"So you're the famous Kamryn that these boys always talk about," I joke and I see Zack's face, as well as Kamryn's, turn a little pinker.

"I've heard a lot about you too so it's nice to finally meet you," Kamryn says. I can't read her face to see if she actually means it or not but I drop it once she turns back to her lap top screen and starts clicking.

"Do you two want to stay for dinner? I'm making lasagna and there's always enough to feed a whole family," I ask.

"We won't be leaving anytime soon so that sounds good," Zack says. I nod my head and start pulling ingredients out of the pantry and refrigerator to get started.