two

Chloe

Josh comes bursting into the apartment a few minutes later, snowflakes decorating his shoulders and hair. He nods his head in his partners' direction and then comes into the kitchen, sweeping me into a hug.

"I take it you've met Kamryn," he says and I nod.

"She's not what I was expecting, that's for sure," I reply. She really isn't. Even if I had known that she was, in fact, a she, I still would not have pictured her the way she is. I wouldn't have expected her to have the body of a supermodel and the face of one to match it.

Josh smiles, clearly not understanding what I mean, and leans down to kiss me.

I don't know how long we are like this, but it must be a while because Zack shouts, 

"C'mon Josh. You have all the time in the world to do that but we only have two more weeks to finish this movie."

I can feel my face burn crimson when he pulls away and runs into the living room, taking his seat on the opposite side of Kamryn from where Zack is sitting.

Two weeks. I can't believe the school year will be halfway over in two weeks. It seems like we just moved to New York yesterday, but it's been five months, a full semester. And semester ends mean one thing- showcases. 

The Winter Showcase and the Summer Showcase are three day long events where every student in the art portion of NYU presents their best work from the semester. The first day is the photography and art exhibits. 

This is where I will be presenting my favorite pieces from class. The second day is for music majors and they put on theater shows and concerts all day long. The third day is film day, which is when Josh's movie will be premiered. All the screenwriters, directors, production crews, and actors are part of the third day.

Let's just say that the Winter Showcase counts as half of our semester grade, so the fact that this group has yet to finish their movie worries me.