three

Chloe

"She's hot and she can cook? Don't let this one go," Zack says before shoving another forkful of my lasagna into his mouth. He's already devoured one piece and is now on his second while the rest of us haven't even finished our first.

Josh leans over and kisses me gingerly. "I don't plan on it." 

I can't prevent the smile from spreading across my lips. I don't think I've ever been this happy.

"How's the movie coming along?" I ask, scooping a cheesy bite to my lips.

"We're almost done. We just need to finish cutting the last twenty minutes and then pick the music," Kamryn answers. 

This is the first time she's spoken since we started eating.

"How's your exhibit coming along? The one at the actually gallery," Zack questions.

"I've finished all my pieces and Rem is making the print copies. It opens on Sunday so he only has four more days to get it done," I say.

"Are you a modern artist or are you a real artist?" Kamryn questions snottily. What is this girl's problem? Is it me or is she just this way in general?

"How much are you getting paid?" he intrigues, changing the topic. I laugh because it's such a Zack question to ask. I don't care about the money. I paint because I love to paint, not because I want the money from it.

"Well I have fifteen pieces and I hand made five of each. Rem bought each of those for ten thousand dollars. Then he's making a hundred copies of each piece and I'll get twenty percent of the sales of those so it depends..." I calculate the definite amount in my head. "I'm getting seven hundred fifty thousand from the hand made pieces and then however much off of the copies."

Zack had been taking a sip of his water while I said that and he must not have been expecting it to be such a high amount because once I said my pay, he spit the water out all over Kamryn. Josh starts cracking up laughing and Zack laughs so hard he starts snorting. Meanwhile, Kamryn is trying to swipe the spit water off of her, her face beet red.

"This isn't funny!" she cries and crosses her arms over her chest.

"Yes it is!" Josh exclaims between laughs. 

"You deserved that and you know it," Zack mumbles so quietly that I could hardly hear him. I look at Josh for clarification but he's still just laughing at Kamryn, who is getting angrier by the second.

I scoot my chair back from the table and go over to the kitchen sink. I rip off a few paper towels from the roll and hand them to her. She takes them hastily and without a thank you.

"Thanks for dinner Chloe," Zack says. "I think we need to get back to work."

"I'll clean up," I volunteer. They need all the time they can get to finish up.

The four of us stand up and I start collecting the dishes. Josh hugs me from behind and kisses me lightly.

"Oh, I almost forgot. Rem wants to have dinner with us Friday night," I tell him.

"I'll be there."