twenty

Chloe

Stay, stay, stay

I'm curled up next to Josh under the covers with Aladdin playing on my laptop. I have my head nestled into his chest and he's resting his chin on my head. Our fingers are laced together on top of the comforter on my thigh and I can feel the exhaustion setting in as this is the tenth movie we have watched today. I glance over at the clock and see that it is midnight. 

If we're going to stay up all night tomorrow, we need to get all the sleep we can tonight. I know that I technically don't have to stay up with them, but I know that Zack will fall asleep and I don't trust Kamryn to be alone with Josh. I trust him to not do anything, but I don't trust her not to try. She and Zack may have a slight thing going on, but I know that they actually hate each other and are just making out to make out.

"I could stay like this forever," Josh mumbles into my hair.

I sigh. "We only have until the morning and then Hell Week sets in."

"We should probably go to sleep soon," he says. I nod my head, awkwardly bouncing Josh's chin up and down as I do.

"But we're staying in this position because you're warm and I love cuddling," I demand. 

He chuckles softly and I can feel the warmth of his lips connecting with the crown of my head.

I reach forward and close my laptop, moving it to my bedside table. We slide down on the headboard so we're now laying completely flat on the bed, our heads resting on the fluffy pillows. 

"Thank you for today. I had fun."

"I always have fun with you," Josh coos. He smooths my hair back so none of the blonde strands are in my face.

"Me too," I manage to say through my yawn. Who knew doing nothing but watching movies could make you so tired?

"Hey Chloe, these fairytales have nothing on us," he says.

"You're my once upon a time."

"I love you bro," Josh whispers to me.

"I love you too bro."