ten

Chloe

This morning I said we should talk about it 'Cause I read you should never leave a fight unresolved

I step out of my room the next morning and trip over Josh. Literally trip over him. He's leaning against the door frame, deep in slumber.

I land on the floor with an oomf that's loud enough to startle him awake.

"You okay?" he asks groggily.

"Did you sleep there all night?" I question. I pull myself to my feet and Josh joins me. He nods his head and twists around to crack his back. 

I can't help but think how sweet that is. A boy slept on the hard floor for me. That's a romantic gesture that you don't always see in romantic comedies.

"We should talk about last night," he suggests shyly. I nod my head and plop down on the couch, him placing himself next to me. 

We're so close that our thighs are touching and he places a hand gingerly on my knee. Most people would feel uncomfortable with this after a fight, but I don't. Instead, I rest my head on his shoulder and let him kiss my forehead.

"I'm sorry," we say at the same time.

"It's my fault. I overreacted," I say.

"No it's my fault. I overreacted," he whispers. "I never should've said that I don't trust you. I would trust you with my life and the life of my entire family."

"I love you so much. No one or no thing is every going to change that," I whisper.

"We have about an hour until the rest if my team is going to come over to pick out the soundtrack," Josh informs me, an obvious hint that I'll take advantage of.