eight

Chloe

I threw my phone across the room at you

I run across the apartment to the other bedroom, the room that should be mine but is instead left unoccupied. Except tonight.

I slam the door behind me and lock it. I don't expect to hear a knock, but it comes along with Josh begging me to open up.

I pull my phone out and dial a number I've had memorized since the beginning of eighth grade. It rings enough times for me to believe that she's not going to answer, but she finally does once I'm about to give up.

"Chloe? What's up?" Kendall asks, her voice crackling to life on the other end of the line. A line that ends on the complete opposite side of the country.

I quickly ramble through the entire story of our dinner with Rem and how Josh acted. I tell the story of the fight and how Josh confessed to kissing Kamryn.

"Kamryn is the bitchy video editor that looks like a model, right?" Kendall questions.

"That's the one.

"Well I'm sorry Chlo," Kendall sighs. "Do you want me to call Josh and castrate him through the phone? Because I'll do it if you need me to."

I can't help myself from laughing and I lift a hand to swipe some of the tears from my eyes.

 "That's alright but thanks for the offer. I just don't know if I can trust him anymore. He was going on and on about how he doesn't trust me with Rem, but then he's the one who kissed Kamryn," I say.

"I think he's just worried about losing you because he loves you so much. Whenever he calls me and I ask about what's going on, he just talks about you. And remember, he pulled away because she kissed him and he didn't want it."