twenty six

Josh

No one else is going to love me, when I get mad, mad, mad

Kendall and I are walking through the first day exhibits for the Winter Showcase, eyeing the pieces of art and photography behind each student as we go. We'd already looked at all of them before and were hanging out by Chloe, but she told us we were crowding her so we decided to look at them again.

I pick up my pace when I see an all too familiar British, art gallery owning version of Zac Efron standing outside of Chloe's booth. When he disappears inside of it, I practically run, leaving Kendall behind. I don't trust Rem and I'm right not to, for when I get inside the small booth, he has Chloe pinned up against the back of it.

I grab him by the shirt collar and literally throw him out of the booth. Chloe runs to me and I hug her, noticing that she's swiping tears away from underneath her eyes.

I clench my hands and jaw and walk over to Rem, getting close enough to him that I can see genuine fear cross through his blue eyes. He should be scared.

"What the hell Josh? You totally ditched me back there!" Kendall shrieks. I back away from Rem and then instantly move back towards him after seeing his trademark smirk come back as his eyes traveled down the length of Kendall's body.

"Who are you?" Rem asks her, his gaze resting on her chest. She must sense it because she tugs her dress up a little and then crosses her arms. Chloe comes out and opens her mouth to say something, but someone else beats her to it.

"She's my girlfriend," Zack says, putting emphasis on the my. He wraps his arms around her to protect her from the creep and all I can think for a moment is aw, I ship it so hard. Then my anger returns.

"Why are you still here?" I hiss. I drop back a few feet so I can embrace Chloe and she thankfully buries her face in my shirt.

"I just came by to tell Chloe congratulations and that she should have put some ink drawings in the gallery," Rem answers smoothly.

"That does not involve pushing her up against a wall so she can't leave and leaning in like you're going to kiss her," I spit.

"Yeah, well, she didn't let me so you win. Congrats! I can do better anyways," he murmurs before finally turning and walking towards the other exhibits.

I lean down and whisper to Chloe, "There is no one better than you."

"So..." Kendall begins, dragging out the word. "I'm your girlfriend now, huh?"

Zack's cheeks turn pink and her looks at the ground. "Well, um, I guess so, I mean, it you want to be," he stammers.

"Shut up and kiss your girlfriend," Kendall instructs and Zack does as he is told.

I pull Chloe back towards her booth and we sit down on the table set up to hold Chloe's personal information. "Are you okay?" I ask.

She nods her head and says, "It just reminded me of what Nick did that one night."

I pull her into me and kiss the top of her head, feeling the beat of her heart on my chest.

"But I got you that night so I guess it can't be that bad of a memory," she reminds me. "Now stop with all this sweet stuff and kiss your girlfriend!"