Rebirth: Chapter 9

A/N:

Trigger warnings: Suicide / Killing off a Main Character

Please skip if you don't feel up for that thank you!

Chapter 9

Only 3 days left until his impending death would come. Three days... Eddy had finally started thinking about it, the one thing he told himself he wouldn't do. If he thought about it, his fearlessness would dissolve and he was right about that. All the what ifs were creeping up in his head, trying to induce panic. So he just lied in their bed, staring at the ceiling as Brett slept and did demon stuff. It was 3 a.m and his mind felt suffocating.

When Brett noticed Eddy not being asleep, he opened his eyes and took his hand, gently squeezing it. His red eyes were glowing in the dark as he leaned over to kiss Eddy on the cheek.

"Do you want to talk about it," he whispered. He thought something like this would happen. After all, it was Eddy's life that was being ended and one didn't do it every day. So a bit of nervousness was to be expected. Brett even thought it would happen earlier than now.

He lifted his other hand and caressed the cheeks he just kissed. Eddy was headstrong and had remarkable willpower, and that was something Brett admired about him the most. If Eddy would say no on such a short notice, he would concede. It was Eddy's decision after all.

Eddy wasn't too startled by seeing Brett look at him and hearing his voice. Very clear signs that the man wasn't asleep or doing demon stuff. The kisses were pretty good indicators too.

The younger sighed as he rolled to his side to look at Brett. He didn't want to admit that he was kind of scared but he was, "I'm just thinking about the time we have left... do you think this was a good decision?"

The demon furrowed his brows and his thoughts whirled in an instant, "Well, it's your decision. If you think you are not ready, then we can change the date any time you want. Even ten minutes before the injection. If you want to live, then we will adapt. I will not force you to die."

It was Eddy's decision. Yes, Brett had his own thoughts about that, but in the end it was Eddy's life and therefore his choice. He was not really surprised to see Eddy being hesitant now. The poor man was probably overthinking everything and was scared. Brett didn't blame him. Death was scary. Even if he was so nonchalant about it in the beginning, the fear of ending one's life was a huge mental burden.

"I know you won't force me... But it's scary to think that in three days that I may never see you again," Eddy's eyes fell down cast, yeah he was overthinking too much and taking on some of Brett's own fear.

"Yes it is very scary. I fear the same as you. Do you still want to do it or do you want to wait a little bit longer?"

If Eddy decided to wait, he would have to explain a lot to the other demons, but he would do it. Nothing was more important than Eddy.

"I don't know," Eddt spoke softly, it felt like they were in too deep now for him to jump ship. Even if he knew it was always an option because Brett cared for him so much. He didn't want to lose the demon or anything like that. That was a thought that was definitely scary.

Brett nodded. He could understand that, "What is your main concern? Anything in particular or just the whole thing?" The better he knew about it, the better he was able to help.