Chapter 18

Trigger Warning:

Blood, Torture, Slicing and cutting off limbs, and a lot of other fun stuff.

You have been warned!

Chapter 18

~A few hours before~

Brett was just arriving at the club when his phone dinged. He chose not to answer, he would send Eddy a message when he found the woman he thought was Belle. It shouldn't take long at all. He exited his car and went into the club. The warm mass of bodies rubbing against each other, the smell of sweat and drugs, the loud thumping of the bass, all was familiar to Brett. Annoying, but familiar. His eyes raked over the mass of people.

He decided to search a bit with magic, he could find her faster that way. The Incubus mumbled an incantation, and a strong red threat appeared. That was his thread to Eddy. He flicked it and a very loose, frayed, almost broken blue thread came into existence. That was the thread from Eddy to Belle. Their souls were still bound to each other. And he could only see it because his bond to Eddy was that strong. The Incubus chuckled; he was really loved. Magic never lied after all.

But if he had known, he would have used that method all along. Brett sighed. Sometimes he was extremely dumb. But who could have known? Well, now he knew and that had to be enough.

The thread pulled him farther into the club. He thanked every un-deity he knew that humans were creatures of dull senses so nobody saw what he pulled. Well, the fact that more than half of them were drugged and dazed probably helped his case along as well.

The Incubus weaved through the bodies until he saw her. Yes, definitely Belle.

He grinned. Perfect!

Brett was placing a tiny locating spell on her and followed her. He would let her slip away again! Even if he lost sight of her, she would pop up on his magical radar so he would always find her now. He scrunched up his brows when the spell was ripped apart and the tracer didn't work anymore. Shit! Not thinking about the implications, he now hastened through the mass of bodies, trying to get faster to her. If that didn't work for whatever reason, he needed to get a hold on her quickly!

Only a glimpse told him, she was leaving through the backdoor. Now he had to hurry. It was a fucking dark maze behind that, and he really didn't want to loose her! Now he pushed people actively out of his way.

It took him a few moments but he was at the backdoor as well and ripped it open, looking left and right. He saw a female silhouette vanishing behind a corner and ran towards it.

"Belle!", he shouted. Maybe that would help in stopping her? He really hoped so.

The Incubus sprinted along the alleyway and rounded the corner. All he could see then, was a baseball in his face. Pain exploded in his head and he stumbled back. That came unexpected! He did not calculate that!

Brett held up a hand blindly, wanting to say something, but the next hit was on the side of his head, crashing him into the wall, rendering him instantly unconscious. Black and pain engulfed him and he cursed himself for not answering Eddy's message. Shit! Then all the lights and thoughts went out as he sank to the floor.

~

The next time he came to his senses he immediately noticed the blindfold over his eyes. Mostly because he had trouble opening them and feeling something covering them was never good. Well, that was not a good sign.