All Grown Up

Marina

I can see them up ahead. They've got him surrounded. Why did they do that? That's just going to make him feel cornered. I know they know better than that.

Of course, he charges. Alice shoots, misses, and he has her around the neck, her gun pressed to her head. I'm running now, trying to get to them before he decides to kill her and the rest of them.

They all start turning attention to me. Stop it, you already cornered him, and now you're giving me away. I can't take my time now; he's already trying to look at me. Alice elbows him before I reach him, he stumbles back, and just as he looks at me, I drop kick him.

I land on my hands and gently plant the bottoms of my feet on the ground.

Me: Get out of here.

I say before I'm even up. He's practically returned to his feet.

Unknown: Sorry. Can't do that.

He dusts himself off, straightens his clothes, and smiles at me.

Me: Are you guys alright?

I look to Alice.

Alice: Yeah, he didn't really do anything to me.

Me: What the hell were you thinking? You provoked him.

Alice: We were fine.

Me: I told you I was on the way, and yet you decided, oh, let me take him down myself.

Alice: What were we supposed to do? Let him stroll up to Marinus?

Me: I was between him and there... Whatever, I'll deal with you later.

As I turn to look at him, it seems like he stutters in the corner of my eye. His arms are in one place, and then in an instant, they're somewhere else. Doesn't matter.

Me: I'll give you another chance because you didn't hurt anyone, get out of here.

-

Your POV...

She's telling her people off, right in front of you. She's so confident in her abilities that she completely turns her attention away from you. You can't help but be a little proud.

Emma: Y/N.

Everything freezes just before she turns to you. She's just uttered her, I'll deal with you later statement. That's never good to hear when you're getting scolded.

You: What?

Emma: Invulnerability.

You: What about it?

Emma: It's off.

You: I'm aware.

Emma: Turn it on.

You: I'm good.

Emma: Y/N, if you die-

You: I won't. I want to see how much she's grown.

Emma: Don't fight her.

You: I want to.

Emma: If she kills you, I'm not putting you back in.

You: She won't.

Emma: Y/N.

She's saying your name, telling you not to push your luck.

You: I won't let her get that far. She clearly doesn't recognize me.

You reach down to your watch and press it twice. The world starts again.