Another Visitor

Your POV...

It's been about an hour--maybe longer, maybe not. The Walkers surrounding the building have started to wander off but still have you trapped on top of the building. A few still stand below you, reaching and clawing at the air. You would survive running through them, but Marina would be torn to pieces. Obviously, that can't happen.

You stand up and walk to Marina's side of the roof. You sit down next to her and look around at the Walkers below. Same story as your side. Wandering around, some reaching and clawing at you.

You: Have you thought of anything?

Marina: No.

You: Me either.

You watch her. If what the president said was true, Marina will be gone. The simulation will be deleted, and she'll go with it.

You: Hey-

Marina: I'm sorry.

You: You're fine.

Marina: I shouldn't have gotten so angry. I was just really overwhelmed.

You: I know.

Marina: Is he really gone?

You slowly nod your head. You assume he is. What else would have happened?

She sighs.

Marina: You know he's all that was left. Me and him were the only ones left alive.

You: Ana.

She shakes her head.

Marina: She came after me. Now, it's just me.

You: Only if you let yourself think that.

Marina: You are all dead.

You: Clearly not.

Marina: It's not like you can come visit all the time. Besides, I may only be here for a few more days.

She's caught on too.

You: You'll be fine.

Marina: That's not what Aj said. Or, that woman. Who was that?

You: That was the president.

Marina: Oh.

She pulls her knees up to her chest.

Marina: Do you think we could save this world?

If they're deleting it, you have no chance. You don't understand your phone, let alone the machine. Not to mention that you're stuck in here anyway. Maybe you're doomed to the same fate as her.

You: I don't know.

Marina: And what will happen to you if you don't get out?

You: I don't know that either.

Marina: Will you die in that other world?

You: I'm not sure. I think I'll probably end up like your mother will. It just makes sense.

Marina: So your brain will quit working?

You: Yeah, I assume.

Marina: Then we have to get you out of here.

You: I don't know how to do that or how to stop all this.

Marina: Maybe we can just kill you.

You: I doubt that'll work.

The president's team probably thought of that. They'll make you work for it.

Marina: Well, we're not getting anything done stuck up here. Can your watch do something that'll get us out?