Restaurant

You and Brooklyn are out of place here. The parking lot around the building is decently full of cars. It's around the time that people eat dinner, you think. The building doesn't look very large on the outside, but it's probably bigger inside. It looks well kept too.

Grace leads the two of you in. Immediately, you're hit with just how nice it is. It's all so clean and shiny. The primary color seems to be white. Everyone is wearing nice clothes, suits mostly. You and Brooklyn are the only ones in somewhat casual clothes. You thought you were wearing nice clothes until you got inside. You thought Grace might be the best-dressed person in the place on the way.

Brooklyn: Y/N?

She's whispering.

You: Yeah.

Brooklyn: We don't belong here.

You: I know. Just act casual.

Brooklyn: Do we even have clothes like that?

You: I don't see why we would need them. I don't have any in my closet.

Brooklyn: Me either.

Grace: Guys.

You look at her, and she waves her hand toward herself, gesturing you to follow.

Grace: The waitress came to get us.

You follow Grace again, who is following a waitress that is a few feet ahead of her. You spot the table you're going to before they notice you're coming. Your mom, dad, and little brother Leo. Not that you know them. You were told about them and shown a picture of them, but that's it...

Mom: Honey.

She keeps her voice down, trying not to disturb the peace, but gets up and hugs you.

You: Hi, mom.

Mom: How are you?

You: I'm good.

Mom: I've missed you so much.

She squeezes harder.

You: Missed you too.

She lets go after a few more seconds of holding you and moves to Brooklyn. Your dad stands up and greets you the same way, with a hug.

Dad: How are ya, bud?

You: I'm good, how are you?

His hug is shorter and more... Firmer?

Dad: As good as I can be. How's your job?

You: Hard.

Dad: I'm guessing you can't tell us about it.

You: Yeah.

He looks up and down your body.

Dad: Have you been working out?

You: Yeah. It's a good stress reliever.

Dad: Good for you.

He seems like one of those hard dads, but one that cares a lot.

You look at your brother. He looked up at you when you were first noticed, but now he's back to his... Electronic device. Whatever it is.

You: How are you, Leo?

Gauge his interest.

Leo: Good.

Not interested. He doesn't even look up or ask how you are.

You sit down between Grace and Brooklyn. Your back is to the rest of the restaurant, which puts you a little bit on edge, but you'll make it work.