Chapter 4

*Kianna’s POV. After work.*

I grab the 3 bags of food from the counter. "I’ll see you later love." My friend Lauren says as she opens the door for me. "Bye Lauren." I walk to my car, my arms full of bags. During work my little brother texted me saying he’s coming to visit for the day.

My little brother lives in Holmes Chapel with my mom, he’s still in high school. My dad was murdered when I was 14, my little brother was 12, and my older brother was 21. My mom never dated after my dad, she said that there would never be anybody like my dad to fall in love with. Besides the funeral, I’ve never been to my dad’s grave... too many emotions for me to handle all at once. Harry absolutely loves my brothers, and my mom is like a second mom to Harry. Gemma is like the sister that I’ve always wanted, but never had, and Harry’s mom is such a sweetheart, and I absolutely love her.

I pull up to the apartment and see my brothers car parked in my usual parking space. "Thanks Matt." I park next to his car and grab the bags of food from the back, I’m stumbling to the door. Once I get to the apartment I kick the door hoping somebody answers it because I can’t find my keys at the moment. Zayn opens the door. "Thank you." He takes two of the bags from me. "Your brother is here by the way." He says. "Yeah, I saw his car." I say as I put the other bag on the counter. My brother walks up to me and hugs me. "Hi Matty!" "Hey Kianna" My brother and I have always been super close with eachother. My older brother had already moved out when my dad died, so Matt and I spent a lot of time together when my mom was at work.

The boys all grab their food and sit in the living room. Matthew and I stay in the kitchen to talk. I hop on the counter and sit.

"So, Harry told me that you’re back with Brendon... Kianna, why? Do you not remember all the pain he put you through, not only emotionally, but physically. And don’t give me any of that ‘but he’s changed, he’s a different person’ bull shit." Matt says. "Why can’t you two just leave me be?" I ask. "Because this will happen again, and if he hits you again, I’ll kill him." I roll my eyes at him, "Matt, stop it." "I’m not kidding, nobody hurts my sister." He smiles at his "heroic" comment. "I can take care of myself Matty. But thank you for being concerned. So, hows mom and stuff?" I ask as I eat a handful of M&Ms. "Good. She misses you for some odd reason." He laughs. "Don’t be a dick." I playfully shove his head away.

Harry walks up to me and stares at me for a while. "May I help you?" I ask him. His eyes look at the bag of M&Ms next to me. "Harry. No!" This will not end well. Harry grabs for the bag and sticks his hand inside the bag and smiles at me. "We do this every time, don’t do it because I’ll end up cleaning it up. And I’ll kill you." Harry throws one at me and it goes down my shirt. "Yes! It was one shot!" He laughs. I roll my eyes at him, "You are such a child." I fish around in my bra and pull the M&M out. Harry laughs really hard at me, I throw it at him and it lands in his hair. "Really?" His face gets serious. "That’s the closest you’re ever going to get to my boobs. Can I have the bag back now?" He thinks for a minute, then hands them back to me. "Thank you." I start to walk back to the counter when a few M&Ms hit my sholder. My brother is laughing to himself. "Not going to fight back at me?" Harry laughs and throws a few more at me. "You might want to spare your ammo, because I still have a full bag." I turn around throw a handful at him. Harry throws his whole handful at me. "You’re out of ammo." We run around the apartment throwing the candy at eachother. I hide behind the couch Niall is sitting at. "Do you give in?" Harry asks. "If you throw one of those at me I swear I will drop kick you Harry. I swear." Niall threatens Harry with a mouth full of food. I smile at Harry. "You’re so lucky. But this will continue. Truths for now." Harry sits down.

I go back to the kitchen where my brother is shaking his head. "I have a question, and don’t hit me for asking... but have you ever had feelings for Harry?" My eyes get wide. "Matthew! No! That’s weird." Apparently a girl and a boy can’t be friends without there being some type of feelings there. "Just a question. Damn, snappy."

***

All the boys and my brother left. Harry and are watching scary movies and he’s telling me about how the tour went in the U.S. "I would love to go to America." I say. "Yeah, it’s so cool. A lot of hot girls." I roll my eyes, "Yes, that’s what I want to see. A bunch of ‘hot’ girls. I’m going to bed. Good night Harry." I hug him, kiss his cheek and go to my room.