Chapter 17: Surgery

Chapter 17

Harry's POV

3 weeks. It had been 3 weeks since Lindsay's accident and she still hasn't woken up.

The doctors said her condition was serious and they weren't sure when or if she'd wake up. I hadn't left her side. I hated seeing her like this. She didn't seem to look like she was getting any better. The boys thought it would be best if we postponed the tour. I agreed.

"Harry..." I jumped from my daze as a hand was placed on my shoulder. I looked up and saw Liam towering over me. "Maybe it's time you get some sleep." Sleep. I couldn't even remember the last time I got a good night's sleep. Every time I tried, I always dreamed of losing her and it pained me to even let that cross my mind.

"No." I said in a stern voice. "Please just leave.." I looked back at Lindsay. Her chest was barely rising. I interlaced my fingers into her limp hand and I laid my head down on her arm.

"Please, wake up." My voice was rough and scratchy.

Suddenly, there was a loud, long beeping in my ear. I whipped my head up to her heart monitor. It was a flat line.

"Help! Someone help!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

Nurses and doctors swarmed in the room and gathered around Lindsay. A pair of arms wrapped around me, pulling me away from her. I fought against them, but they were too strong for my exhausted body. My hand slowly slipped out of hers, as I was dragged out into the cold hallway. The doctors closed the door, shutting me out.

I continued to fight against the arms holding me. My chest felt like it was going to explode. My mind was racing. Tears were filling my eyes, blurring my vision.

"Harry, stop. There's nothing you can do." Someone whispered in my ear and I identified the voice as Louis.

My body finally quit fighting. Louis released me and I slid down the wall and collapsed onto the floor. "I can't lose her, Louis." The tears continued to fall down my cheeks.

The door to her room opened and the doctor walked out. I jumped to my feet, almost falling over in the process.

The doctor's eyes met mine. They were filled with concern and it brought pain to my chest thinking about what he was going to say.

"We were able to stabilize her, but she is still in bad shape. She needs surgery. We're prepping her now."

I watched as the nurses rolled Lindsay down the hallway. She had a tube sticking out of her mouth and she was barely breathing. My breath hitched in my throat at the sight of her broken body.

....

I sat on the ground of the hospital hallway. Goosebumps were forming on my arms since all I wore was a t-shirt, but the cold didn't really even phase me. I had been sitting here for 2 hours. Lindsay is still in surgery. My back was beginning to ache from the position I was sitting in but I didn't really care. Every time someone walked out of the restricted area doors, my head snapped up and my heart would begin to race, waiting for Lindsay's doctor to appear, but each time I was disappointed.

The doctor hadn't said much. I had no idea what caused her to flat line and it killed me on the inside.

It was all my fault that she was in this condition. If I didn't open my big mouth to Louis, she wouldn't of heard me and she wouldn't of gotten in the accident.

Tears slowly formed in my eyes, just thinking about it.

I was exhausted and weak. My head had been pounding from all the crying. I hadn't slept in days. My eyelids were getting heavy but I refused to fall asleep.

The restricted area doors swung open. Lindsay's doctor walked up to me. His face was blank and I couldn't tell if what he was about to tell me was good or bad.

"She is doing well." The doctor formed somewhat of a smile on his face.

I sighed of relief as I felt like a huge weight was lifted off my chest, allowing me to breathe normally.

"So she's going to make it?" I asked, worried that there was some kind of catch.

"Well, we won't know for sure how well she is until she wakes up."

"What do we now?" I had never been in a situation like this. On the verge of losing someone I cared about deeply forever.

"We wait."

____________________________________________

Hope you guys enjoyed it! (: I have been updating like crazy lately and I don't know why. Just kind of inspired to write, I guess. Please, please, please let me know what you think of this story. I have been getting some comments lately and I love to hear how much you're liking the story. Thank you for reading! (:

Please, COMMENT, fan, and vote. Love you! xx