Chapter 20: Getting Better

Vote if you love Lindsay and Harry.

_______________________________________________________________

Chapter 20

Harry's POV

Lindsay had been awake for 3 days now. Nothing serious has happened and she seemed like she was okay. Once the boys found out she was awake, they came rushing to the hospital. They had been supportive recently of me and Lindsay's relationship.

Lindsay was finally able to fall asleep. She was over exhausted and I could tell. I sat by her bedside every day and night. Her chest rose and fell steadily. Watching her sleep gave me a piece of mind. I knew that as long as I could see her breathing then she was okay. It relaxed me, as creepy as it sounds.

"Hey, Harry." Louis's head popped in the doorway.

"Hey." I glanced at him and smiled.

"How's she doing?"

"Good. She's going to be okay." I let the smile play on my face. I couldn't resist. "Where are the guys?" I asked.

"They went to go get something to eat. You know Niall, always hungry." He smiled and I chuckled at the joke. "You really like her don't you?" I looked up at Louis. He was looking at Lindsay and didn't even notice me looking at him.

I looked back down at Lindsay and smiled. "Yeah, I really do."

"I'm sorry, Harry." I looked at Louis, confused. "I shouldn't of tried to talk you out of this. She is a great girl and obviously you two are perfect together. I just didn't want anyone to get hurt. I'm really happy you' two are happy." He smiled down at me.

"It's okay. Thank you, Louis." He nodded and turned on his heel, exiting the room.

I could see Lindsay's face scrunch and it worried me she was in some sort of pain. I didn't want to wake her though. She needed sleep.

The doctor walked into the room and smiled at me. He checked all her monitors and fluids and wrote something in his chart.

"Harry, can I talk to you outside?"

I nodded and got up. I took one last reassuring glance at Lindsay to make sure she was okay.

"She's doing well, Harry." I smiled. "She should be able to go home soon."

"That's great. I do have one question. Will she be able to travel?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, me and the guys are supposed to be on tour and we can't keep it on hold forever."

"I don't know." He was unsure.

"Please. I almost lost her. I don't even think about leaving her so I can go on this tour. I need her to come with me. Please." My voice broke as I finished speaking. The doctor's face softened.

"We'll see how she's doing by then."

"Thank you." I whispered. He nodded.

Screams filled my ears and I whipped my head towards Lindsay's room. My feet took off in that direction with the doctor right behind me.

My eyes widened as I saw Lindsay flailing around in her bed. She was screaming screams of pain. She was crying and I could feel my heart breaking. I turned my head towards the doctor as he headed over to her bedside. He checked her monitors again and didn't even touch her. I could feel rage arise in me as he took his sweet time.

"DO SOMETHING!" I screamed as I motioned towards her.

He ignored me and continued with what he was doing. My chest tightened as she screamed out in pain once again. I walked over to her and wrapped my arms around her. I pinned her flailing arms to her side, so she couldn't hurt herself. I realized her eyes were closed. She must be having a nightmare. She fought against my grip but I refused to let go.

"Lindsay, it's okay." I tried to sooth her, hoping it would wake her up. I had to get her to stop. I knew all this movement she was doing was only causing her more pain. She fought against me harder, but she began to calm down. She was wearing herself out.

"Harry?" She cried out in pain. She was awake and I let out a deep breath.

"Shhh, it's okay." I whispered as she fell back in my arms. "Everything's okay." I lied.

I glared at the doctor. What the hell? I mouthed towards the doctor. He shrugged.

"I'm gonna go check some things." He said as he left the room. I nodded and focused my attention back on Lindsay. She was shaking and breathing heavily.

"It hurts, Harry." She cried.

"I know." I wrapped my arms tighter around her, trying to make her pain go away, but even I knew, there was nothing I could do and that broke my heart. A tear slowly trickled down my cheek. I quickly blinked it away. Her breathing became shaky and I gently started to rock her back and forth, calming her breaths.

"You're okay." I whispered into her hair as she cried harder.

________________________________________________________________

Wow, so emotional! ):

Hope you liked it! (: Thank you for reading. Please, comment, vote and fan.