Chapter 16: The Crash

Chapter 16

Lindsay's POV

I swerved, trying to avoid the incoming collision...

But it was too late.

I could hear the crunching of metal as my car crashed into the other car. My body flew forward at the impact, slamming my chest into the steering wheel. The wind was knocked out of me and I couldn't breathe. The car started to flip, making my world spin uncontrollably. I could hear glass shattering. The hood of the car crunched more, closing over my ankle. I let out an agonizing scream as the metal punctured my skin. The car finally stopped flipping and I hung upside down. I could feel the blood rushing to my head and I began to feel light headed.

I could hear worried screams from outside. Every muscle in my body ached and I was still having trouble breathing from the impact of the steering wheel. My head was throbbing and my vision was blurring in and out.

"Someone call 911!" A man knelt down on his knees and peered into the crushed car. "Its okay. I'm a doctor. I'm gonna get you help. Can you move?" He asked me. I tried to move my legs but I could feel something cut into my flesh. I cried in pain.

"No." I began to sob uncontrollably. My arms laid limp at my sides.

"What's your name?" My vision began to clear up for a second and looked up at the man. He had short brown hair and blue eyes. He looked to be in his 40s.

"Lindsay." I whispered. My mind began to flash back to my dad. Tears were streaming down my face as I thought about my dad's accident. I could feel my eyelids getting heavier.

"Okay, Lindsay, I need you to stay awake." The man grabbed my hand, comforting me. l nodded but my eyes disobeyed and I could feel myself passing out.

"Call Harry Styles." I said as I was taken by unconsciousness.

...

Harry's POV

I paced around the hotel room, checking my phone every five seconds. She hadn't texted me back yet and I was worried.

"Harry, calm down." Niall said, leaning against the counter. I ignored him and continued to pace. My phone began to ring, making me jump. I answered it without even looking at the caller ID.

"Lindsay?" I could hear the worry in my voice.

"No, sir. Is this Harry Styles?" A woman spoke.

"Yes." My stomach started to churn. I could tell something was wrong.

"Hello, my name is Jackie. I'm a nurse here at Union Bay Hospital. I'm calling on concern of a patient we have here... Lindsay Warren?" My breath hitched in my throat. My muscles felt numb and weak and I let the phone fall to the ground.

The boys were all sitting on the couch and their heads snapped towards me as my phone hit the ground.

"Harry? You okay?" Liam's voice rang in my ears. All I could do was shake my head, as the shock ran through my body.

Liam grabbed my body, shaking it. He was trying to get my attention. I could see his lips moving but could hear no sound. My mind was reeling.

Why was Lindsay in the hospital?

"We need to get to the hospital."

...

I sped down the hospital hallways with the boys on my tail. I explained everything to them in the car and they were shocked and worried.

I ran up to the nurse's desk.

"I am here to see Lindsay Warren."

The nurse was on the phone and she held her finger up to me, telling me to hold on. I could feel anger rise in my body.

"No! I need to see Lindsay Warren NOW!" I slammed my fists onto the counter, making the nurse in front of me jump.

"Did you say your here for Lindsay Warren?" a doctor with short brown hair appeared behind the frightened nurse. I nodded my head.

"What happened to her? Is it serious?" I could feel a lump rising in my throat as I thought about Lindsay being hurt.

"She's in pretty bad condition. She was in a car accident." My chest began to hurt as he told me what had happened. "I witnessed the crash and was able to get her help as fast as possible."

"Can I please see her?"

"She is unconscious. In the ambulance, we began to lose her. She was flat lining and we had no other choice than to put her into an induced coma." I found myself holding my breath.

"Please. Can I see her anyway?" I pleaded. He slowly nodded and led me to her room.

I walked into the cold hospital room. I gasped as I saw her small fragile body laying in the bed. She had cuts on her arms and forehead. Her eye was swollen and bruised. I pulled the chair up to the side of her bed. I put my hand over hers, completely covering her small hand. I brought her hand up to my lips and placed a gentle kiss on the back of her hand. Tears slowly began to fall down my cheeks.

"This is all my fault." I whispered into her hand and the tears began to fall harder.

___________________________________________

this isn't very long. sorry. /:

this was kind of sad to write. ): hope you enjoyed! Comment, fan, and vote!