Chapter 7: Chorus Kids

I put the bodies of the birds on the counter and take out a skinner. I use it to skin them and take off all the feathers. Blood was already on me so when I felt it on me again when skinning them I didn't mind. After a minute or so I finished skinning them and started to cut them up. I cut off the feet and claws and continued cutting the birds into pieces. I grabbed the oil and  a pot and put them on the stove as I lit the stone on so I can cook. I put the oil in the pot and put it away. I wanted for the oil be be just right so I can put the bird meat in. As I wait I look outside and start to think about the Chorus Kids. They didn't look insane or evil.. Maybe it is because they are kids but still. I have seen kids that are insane. Then I started to think about their appearance and how they looked. They looked normal and happy yet they also looked hungry. 

"They are kids aren't they? They can hunt.. Right? I mean I am just a teen and ever since this place started falling apart. It's common nature, it's in us! But... I don't know. Maybe I should check on them later today."

I go to check on the oil and it is ready. I grab the cut pieces of the Birds and put it in the pot. I grab some of the herbs and spices, and threw them into the pot. I mixed the spices and herbs with the chicken to make it taste good. After 10 minuets or so I take out a bowl and poor myself some Bird/Chicken with the spices mixed in to make it taste good. I went to the kitchen table and called Partner so I could give him some of my food. Partner walks into the kitchen and sees the food. I take a bite of the food and..

" Mmmmmm... That tastes amazing! Anyway, Partner I called you here to ask if you wanted to eat any. I mean.. You look hungry. "

Partner looks at me and then the food. He knows that it is made out of the Manzai Birds. He shakes his head no and just walks to the living room. I shrugged and continued eating. As I ate I started to think about who else was still sane in this town. I finished eating my food and headed to the bathroom. I took off Crop Farmers hat and cleaned it from the now old blood. I went to my room and changed back to my red cheerleader outfit. I put the Crop Famers hat back on my head. I go to my front door but before I open it I tell Partner that I will be going around the tows to see if there were any sane people left. He gave me a thumbs up and nodded okay. I left my home and locked the door from the inside. I walk around the town and look for some sane people. I felt like I was walking around an abandoned place. Most of the plants where dead and the sun doesn't even come out anymore. As I continue walking I smell something. Smoke. I follow the sent of the smoke and it is coming threw the forest. As I follow the sent I make to the forest again. I continue following until I see a fire that was made of wood. I see the Chorus Kids.. They look tired, hungry, and even sad. I slowly walked towards them so I don't frighten them away. Then I just had to step on a stick... It snapped and made a loud noise that made them notice me. I looked at them as they all looked at me. I expected them to attack me or bite me or something but they didn't. They just walked to me and hugged me. I picked them all up and smiled. As I looked at them I noticed that they all looked hurt and dirty. They had several cuts and bruises and where starving. I felt bad for them.. They are just kids! They don't know how to live in the wild yet. They can't fend for themselves. I hugged them all and started to walk back home to clean them up and heal them before I let them leave this city to live a normal life..