26

Eden Crawford.

Beeping.

Constant beeping is all that rang in my eardrum, my vision was blurry, my head was pounding, my face felt numb and I had no idea where I was.

My eyes struggled to open, harsh light beamed at my eyes, I couldn't even make out as to where I was.

I shook my head a few times, my vision slowly returning, my eyes squinted from the bright light of the ceiling.

I was laying in an extremely uncomfortable bed, I felt a tube in my arm and the same steady beeps from beside me.

I was in a hospital.

I examine my surrounding, my eyes landing on an occupied chair in the dim-lit corner of the room.

It was Harry.

He had a black t-shirt on with black dres' pants, his elbow rested on the side of the chair, his head being held up by the palm of his hand.

"Harry?" I croak out, my voice deep and ruff, my throat was so dry.

He stayed still, breathing out slow breaths as he slept.

I clear my throat before trying to get his attention again.

"Harry" I speak out, my voice clear but still extremely hoarse.

His eyes slowly flutter open, blinking a few times.

He looked so tired and out of it.

He stretched out his body, rolling his shoulders back a few times before looking at me.

"Your awake," he says as if it wasn't obvious.

"I am," I say, nodding my head awkwardly.

"How uh... how are you feeling?" he asks me weirdly, tensing up.

"Alive, a bit sore, but alive" I smile at him, trying to defuse the tension.

He laughs softly under his breath, his dimples showing for the first time in a while.

"I can see that" he smiles at me "gave everyone a pretty big scare," he says seriously, his tone completely shifting.

"Yeah, but I'm here I guess, a couple of bruises here and there," I say, feeling my face softly as the tender skin that must be bruising.

He nods at my remark, standing up from the chair and rubbing his hand on his thighs.

"How did you find me?" I ask him curiously, not thinking I was ever going to be found in the middle of a forest.

"I didn't" he replied quickly, breathing out a long breath "James and Dave did"

"Oh," I say, looking down a bit.

The room grew silent quickly.

"I just thought that-"

"Yeah I know" he cut me off quickly, eyes flicking to the door in urgency.

"Excuse me," he tells me, walking out of the room at a quick pace.

I sat in the hospital bed, staring at the door he had left.

Part of me wanted it to be him that found me, I wanted to see the good in him, but I know now never to find the good in someone like him.

It's just the way life goes.

"Eden your awake" Dave comes into the room with a smile on his face, quickly walking over to me and grabbing a chair.

"How are you feeling?" he asks me, grabbing my left hand in his.