Chapter 3

First pov

' why it's gotta be so hot now ??' I groan internally as I stand in a row with other people who joined to the training unit. To my left side , jean standing with a smug look on his face.

I roll my eyes and glare at the sun. ' sometimes I don't like you.'
I sigh and look around at others , who may  become my comrades in military police.
But my search was interrupted as a man with scary eyes, started yelling .
“ YOU ARE NOW OFFICIALLY MEMBERS OF 104TH TRAINING UNIT. UNFORTUNATELY FOR YOU , I , KEITH SHADIS , WILL BE IN CHARGE." he continues. “ I'M NOT HERE TO GIVE YOU A WARM WELCOME. ALL OF YOU ARE NOW MERELY LIVESTOCK, WAITING TO BE EATEN BY TITANS. ”
I sweat drop at his words.
“ YOU'RE EVEN WORSE THAN LIVESTOCK. FOR THE NEXT 3 YEARS , I'LL TRAIN YOU USELESS SHITS. ” ' Oh god have mercy.' I pray for myself.

“I'M GONNA TEACH YOU HOW TO FIGHT TITANS. WHEN YOU FACE TITANS IN THREE YEARS, WILL YOU STILL BE JUST FOOD? OR WILL YOU BECOME A GLORIOUS WALL , PROTECTING THE WALLS?? OR A MIGHTY CHAMPION WHO WILL DESTROY THE TITANS? ”
'definitely not me.' I send a quick glance at jean, only to see he's already looking at me. 'and obviously not you, jean.'
“THE CHOICE LIES IN YOUR HANDS.” and like that, he finishes his speech and starts walking among the rows , yelling at some of us.
His first victim is this bowl cut haired girl. “ YOU KID! WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?” he shouts at her face. The poor soul put her fist over her heart, saluting. “ I'm armin arlert from shiganshina , sir! ”
'OH she's a Boy.' I face palm myself . It seems I missed what he said earlier cause he already moved to the next guy .
I decide not to pay attention to his yelling and around, only to lock eyes with the guy on my right . His eyes widens and quickly looks away. I squint my eyes and shrug , looking ahead of me.
I would be lying if I say I'm not nervous. First, being surrounded by a lot of people, second, that one hell of the instructor, keeps yelling and comes closer to where I am .

Finally, he reaches where we're standing. He comes closer to my side of row, and stands directly Infront of jean. ' oh boy...please don't say anything stupid, jean' I beg at him , knowing he can't hear me.

“WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?” he leans closer to jean's face. Jean salutes . “ I'm jean Kirstein from Trost! ” shadis scowls . “ WHAT ARE YOU HERE FOR?” I gulp and looks at them from corner of my eyes. Jean sweat drops and answers back in a low voice.“ To join military police and reside in the inner city. ” he smiles nervously. “ I see, so you wanna live in inner city?” shadis asks in normal voice.

'yep he's dead.' I say to myself. “yessir. ” he replys before getting headbutted by shadis. My eyes widen and press my lips together , holding myself back from jumping at him.

Jean yelps and kneels to the ground as he grabs his head. “WHO TOLD YOU TO KNEEL DOWN?! YOU'LL NEVER BECOME A MILITARY POLICE IF THAT SENDS YOU TO THE GROUND.”
he exclaims as he moves on to the next person, ME .

I gulp and look up at him . “ YOU ! WHO THE HELL ARE YOU AND WHY DID YOU COME HERE?” he also, leans down my face. I keep my face neutral and salute.
“ I Am Y/N L/N from Trost! ” I reply with the loudest voice I could. “ I'm here to join military police and help People to live peacefully! ” I finish.

Shadis keeps staring at me and leans back , standing straight. “ ho? That's a good one. Hopefully you will before getting eaten by titans ” he says calmly before moving on.

I let out a deep breath that I didn't know I was holding , before looking at the guy next to me who was being yelled at . “ I am Marco Bodt from jinae , behind wall rose!” he says , smiling. ' how can you just smile at him??' I thought to myself.