Chapter 19

_Back at the hideout _

The sound of hange and Levi torturing those military police subsided , leaving the the group make small talks among themselves.

Everyone ,minus Mikasa , were sitting around the table , waiting for their higher-ups.

Y/n , sitting next to jean , across from armin , was tapping her fingers on the wooden floor , bored out of her mind.

Despite of the tapping sound , filling the dead silent room , It seemed it was going on someone's nerve.

“ oi , cut it out will ya ? "

" Hah ? It doesn't even sound that bad "

_ tap tap tap _

“ I'm asking nicely , y/n. Cut it out ! ”

“ everything sounds rude when it comes out of your mouth , jean. ”

“ you're being difficult right now , y'know? ”

“ yeah , only to annoy you ~ ”

Jean's eye twitches and leans closer toward me.

“ y/n , stop it. ”

Armin , not wanting to hear another fight , tries to keep us calm.

“ hey guys , I don't think it's time for this_ ”

“ make me , jean boy ~. ”

I smirk at him , both of us completely ignoring armin's pleads.

“ why you little _! ” as jean was about to stand up , captain Levi and hange walked in , making him sit down , and for me to smirk triumphly.

“ it's not over....” jean mutters as he glares daggers at me.

Ignoring jean , y/n and others turn their attention toward their superiors , listening to what they were gonna say.

“ Eren , will be eaten ?! ”

“ yeah . Eren remembered a conversation between Ymir and bertholt that gave us this information.

We can say that Ymir was a titan ,
wandering the land outside of the walls, and that , bertholt , Reiner and Annie had a fourth teammate that she ate. ”

“ then , how _ ”

“ let me finish. Titans don't normally become human when they eat someone , but what if a titan are someone like Reiner , who can transform into titan ? ”

“ they turn back to human...”

“ that's right y/n . And they gain the power of the person they ate.
In our recent battle , after Eren escaped , Reiner started throwing titans at him.
I believe he was hoping for one of them to eat Eren  and obtain his ability to command other titans with a scream.”

'damn, why Eren , out of all people , has all these cool powers? Tch. '

“ if I'm right , Eren is only valuable to our enemies as a replaceable vessel for that power.

And if the government has control of a titan , they will surely want to make it eat Eren. ”

' so , he's gonna get eaten anyway? '

It seemed Hange's words didn't make Mikasa feel at ease at all , as she went to storm out of the room , probably doing something impulsive.
Thankfully captain Levi stopped her .