Ch.17 | L and Coil

A/n: I don't own any of the anime/manga/cartoon/songs/music references that might appear on this fic, all I own is the idea and the OC's I might use later on in the story.

I hope you enjoy the chapter.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ozpin looked out of his tower and watched his students pass through the gates without care. It was already Saturday and it was Haven Academy's turn to go out. Ozpin simply watched them go with Ironwood at his side and with several holograms behind him.

"It's been a while now, I think it is time to talk about information I have gathered on the possible intruders and the traitor among you as well." L's voice rang through the room as his signature hologram appeared in-front of the four headmasters. His voice was as modulated as it had been the last time they had spoken.

Ozpin took a sip from his coffee and turned around to face the hologram in the room. Now paying attention to the unknown detective he sat down and took out several files from a drawer in his desk.

"Yes, I've reviewed your possible suspects, but I have some questions as to your reasoning." The headmaster said looking at the hologram.

"Ozpin, we can't trust this guy! We shouldn't consider anything he says!" Leonardo's voice seemed to shake and tremble as he spoke through his hologram.

"I agree, a man who does not even show his face to his allies is not a man whose opinion I trust." Theodore said as his hologram crossed his eyes and stared at the other headmasters.

"I will not state my opinion in this Professor Theodore, I will simply state facts." L's modulated voice was certain, objective and seemed to hold an amused undertone as he spoke with the headmasters.

"As for your doubts in my suspects, I would reassess who you can actually trust Ozpin, not everything is as it seems." L said as his hologram started to flicker as the light coming from the scroll used to show his hologram turned on and off.

"Keep in mind that those infiltrated will always aim to either kill those who are on top or to attain information. Considering your position I wouldn't find it impossible to assume that the traitor amongst you is trying to kill Ozpin... After all, he is the one who holds the most power among you four." L's scroll blew up, leaving no evidence it existed to begin with.

Ozpin was a patient man, he could wait for years without getting to the answer of a certain question but still remain calm and composed. But for some reason, not being able to know who in his midst might be reporting to Salem made him nervous, made him impatient and frustrated.

"Put Coil on speaker." Ozpin interlocked his own fingers and stared at the hologram in-front of him. The hologram showed a red-haired man wearing a skull mask inside a luxurious hotel.

"Well well well, if it isn't my employee!" Coil was sitting down on a purple armchair while drinking some kind of orange beverage.

"We've paid you Coil, now you do your part." Ozpin looked at Coil and gave the headmasters a smirk as he pulled files from underneath his purple armchair.

"Of course!" He took papers out of the files and then stared at them for a minute before saying anything.

"L was last seen in the Bloulevale hotel on 17th avenue at six in the afternoon. He was registered to the twentieth floor and signed in with the name of Rem Ryuk." He answered, surprising the headmasters.

"Can we assume you've seen L's face?" Ironwood questioned, taking a step forward and awaiting an answer from the detective.

"I don't know? Have I?" Coil answered, grinning in-front of the headmasters who simply glared at him.