Ch.19 | Ballroom Dancing

The door of the entrance to the communications room of the CCT tower was violently opened, revealing Ozpin and Ironwood who quickly jogged towards the front of the room, where L sat, on top of one of the desks.

"Coil, we got your message." Ozpin said, looking around the room and finding nothing at all. They saw all of the guards either knocked out or dead at the front of every entrance in the tower. "Did you manage to apprehend whoever was behind this?" Ironwood stepped forwards, with both his hands behind his back.

"No, but I have asserted that they are not trying to destroy our communications just yet." L said getting into a more comfortable position. He now laid down on the desk with his back against it, he wasn't L right now, no currently he was Coil, the second best detective, and as such he had to act like it. His voice wasn't monotone, instead it carried some emotion behind it, however anyone would be able to tell that he was hiding his true intentions under his voice.

"Oh? What would their goal be then?" Ozpin asked, making Coil sigh.

"It is quite unfortunate to say that I did not figure this out alone." Coil lied while staring at the metallic ceiling above. "I'll send you a report later, I have a date I am late to." He said, getting up from the table and standing up on the ground.

"You can't leave because you have a date! This is an emergency!" Ironwood yelled, striding towards the detective, "Not to mention we can't leave communications down!" Ironwood violently grabbed Coil's shoulder, a big mistake on his part. Suddenly everything around Ironwood changed direction, up became down and down up, all he felt was his back hitting against the ground and something tightly grabbing his right arm.

"It would be wise not to sneak up on me, general, I tend to have negative reactions to such actions." Coil let go of the general's arm and slowly made his way to the exit. "Just turn the communications tower back on after I leave the building." The detective left the building.

"What happened?" Ironwood asked, still on the ground, shocked by the speed at which everything changed. Ozpin hummed and put his weight on the cane he held with both hands.

"Hmmm, he threw you over his shoulder onto the ground. Quite an interesting technique." Ozpin extended his hand to the general, who gladly took it and then pulled him up to his feet. They both saw Coil slowly make his way to the emergency stairs and then sighed.

The two headmasters did nothing to stop the detective from leaving. Instead they stared at the different desks in the room, examining any of them in case there was a bomb or something dangerous inside.

While the headmasters searched for bombs, Coil changed back into Light Yagami, by turning his blazer the other way around and changing his contacts and wig again, making him a brunette with brown eyes once again. He re-joined the party and saw Pyrrha stand alone on the balcony from outside the auditorium. Walking back inside the party he approached her and tapped her shoulder twice.

"What is a beautiful lady such as yourself doing alone in a night such as this?" He asked, making her turn around and see Coil.

"Well, the person I brought to the dance ditched me out of nowhere." She shot back, grinning at L – or Light rather – who shook his head.

"I am sure the gentleman had a reason for leaving someone such as yourself." He defended, making Pyrrha roll her eyes as she extended her hand.

"Well, will you give me this dance?" She asked as Light took her hand and bowed while kissing her knuckle. "Of course." He said, looking at her amused expression. Both of them made their way to the dancefloor and danced slowly to the beat of the music.

"So, where were you Light?" Pyrrha asked.

"Off doing some detective business I presume?" Pyrrha she deduced, making Light look at her in the eye and nod.